speakers in rear door

n54power

Reaction score
I've seen,read and studied the stereo systems people do.

The one common issue,rear speakers suck,location sucks and replacement options are limted.

Cleaning my garage I found some NIB audio equipment. 2 - alpine amps,kappa 5x7 speakers and lots of wires,cables ect.

I was thinking about installing some speakers in the rear door. Now who has done it and how did they do it. More accurately, how did you run the wire to the door. I'm guessing that it was hijacked on its way back to behind the seat and rerouted. Is there a better way or maybe I'm over thinking it.

I currently have kappas in the front doors,remote tweaker up high and 2-10" earthquake subs in a custom dual box.
Box is behind the seat. It spans the entire width. The subs have just enough space and the other space is a box with first aid,clothes, flashlights and other choice items.

n54power

Reaction score
Anyone?
I'd be happy if.someone could tell me the wire color so.i can tap in mid cab

Lethalthreat7.3

Reaction score
I pulled my door kick panels up on each side., you'll find OEM wiring running down the drivers side. You can pull the corner panels and have full access so you can enclose the wires in some small loom.
As far as speakers, I custom fit my Kenwoods using a template(used a piece of cardboard) to line it up over those phoney Ford oe holes and cut them out with a dremil.
Used metal fender-type clips to reinforce the holes to tighten the mounting screws.

Latest posts

Members online