LIFT Issues/ Driveshaft

cmb921

Reaction score
Hi I have a 2014 f250 with a 8" BDS lift and a 2 1/2" leveling kit. I've now run into issues with my 4wd due to the fact I have 10 1/2" of lift in the front. My driveshaft is at too steep of any angle causing my u joints to bind at my transfer case. Did a lot of research and it looks like i'm going to have to buy a custom driveshaft with dual CV or clock the transfer case. Does anyone have the same setup as me and how did you fix it? Also I've been searching like crazy to find a shop near me who can help me and no one will even touch my truck bc they don't deal with stuff like that around here. I'm in youngstown ohio, does anyone know of any capable shops in ohio that help me?

Attachments

• IMG_6614.jpg
    IMG_6614.jpg
    569 KB · Views: 101

kampy

Reaction score
3 quick options,drop the 2.5" back out of the front, clearance the flange or drop $800 for a new driveshaft. Do you need that much lift for 37's?

MEDIC350

Reaction score
Hi I have a 2014 f250 with a 8" BDS lift and a 2 1/2" leveling kit. I've now run into issues with my 4wd due to the fact I have 10 1/2" of lift in the front. My driveshaft is at too steep of any angle causing my u joints to bind at my transfer case. Did a lot of research and it looks like i'm going to have to buy a custom driveshaft with dual CV or clock the transfer case. Does anyone have the same setup as me and how did you fix it? Also I've been searching like crazy to find a shop near me who can help me and no one will even touch my truck bc they don't deal with stuff like that around here. I'm in youngstown ohio, does anyone know of any capable shops in ohio that help me?

look at PMF suspensions website they have a transfer case braket that will change the angle its for 10"+ lifts

cmb921

Reaction score
kampy i did think about getting rid of the 2 1/2" leveling kit but it's not just that my 37's need to clear, my rims have a -70 offset. And i even have bumper spacers too so if I take that off I won't clear. So it looks like i'm stuck spending a grand on a driveshaft… I really wanted someone local to make it but apparently that doesn't exist where I live

medic350 Ill have to check them out!

Latest posts

Members online