SCT or EDGE

aceltx

Reaction score
i have an 00 350 7.3, looking to purchase a tuner and dont mind spending $ for a good one. I want to be able to see codes make changes because I have big tires on now and might go back to stock, plan on doing aftermarket upgrades in the future, want to be able to hold a lot of tunes. which one is best? if you like neither would like to hear why and what you use and are happy with it?
thanks

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
If money isn't an issue, everyone will say PHP Hydra for the tune. Not sure about scanning. I can tell you I have canned SCT tunes on my 7.3 and they are better than stock, but not by much. I'm getting the Hydra soon.

E99 F350/zf6/guages/arp/comp/stellite/ billet wheel/ bellowed... Need more fuel and more air.

aceltx

Reaction score
isnt that just a chip with a bunch of positions? I am looking for something like the sct were it will give you info on the engine and you can adjust vehicle parameters etc..
I have a ts 6 pos chip now, looking for a digital tuner. thanks though

aceltx

Reaction score
i do like the ts6, it really cleaned up my tranny shifts, so smooth now. dont like the clicking of positions always not sure when i change it and have to start from 1 not a big deal but aggravating sometimes. I just want a digital programmer that I can have custom tunes made for fuel economy, smoke etc. and be able to change parameters if i go back to stock tires, I have bigger tires and a leveling kit and fuel mileage really crappy

bad12jr

Reaction score
Keep a chip and like said above get an edge insight CTS. Much better combo. 7.3's do not like programming. Get with a tuner and have them put tunes on your chip.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Keep a chip and like said above get an edge insight CTS. Much better combo. 7.3's do not like programming. Get with a tuner and have them put tunes on your chip.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

WHS^ custom tuners can adjust more parameters with chip software ie PHP Minotaur then SCT software. Keep the chip get a CTS and send your chip to get some custom tunes burned on it I recommend Gearhead.

V-Ref

Reaction score
This looks like it be the ultimate tuner/monitor available for the 7.3

http://www.dp-tuner.com/featured-products-1/infinity-dx-touchscreen-7-3l.html

I run Gearhead tuning on both my 7.3 & 6.4, after running multiple others...best tuning available IMHO.

So just backup whats been previously posted above...you could run a Hydra/TS6 chip, and then an Edge CTS Insight as a monitor, if you decide on Gearhead tuning.

Arisley

Reaction score
The chip gives you shift on the fly capabilities. A tuner, you have to stop and change tunes. Get some custom tunes for your TS.

Get AE for diagnostics.

aceltx

Reaction score
so i can have my ts6 chip programmed woth custom tunes from anyone? are the vehicle parameters programmed into that to when i send it out or will the cts do that for me?

aceltx

Reaction score
thanks for all the replies. understand it a little more now. I am kinda glad cause i am so happy with the smooth shifting the ts6 made was worried about removing it when i got a programmer. someone said gear head, what do others recomend. I am happy with the trucks power, I have 35" tires, leveling kit,air raid intake,5" full exhaust and am planning on upgrading to gtp38r turbo this summer.
I am happy with the power and never plan on beating on the truck, just kinda bummed out how low the mpg's are. I know its due to the lift and tires just hoping there was a tune i could have made for long drives like a super economy mode or something.

Latest posts

Members online