What Do You Tow?

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Just a thought I wouldn't polish the front of the trailer that will be a major pain when the sun hits it and shines back into the cab.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RedRice589

Reaction score
Just a thought I wouldn't polish the front of the trailer that will be a major pain when the sun hits it and shines back into the cab.

Shhhhh

Polish away my friend!!! I would just prep it nice old overlay nice vinyl over it. Color of your choosing. But shiny is awesome too I'm just not motivated for it lol

Jake

Reaction score

My trailer has a polished stainless nose on it and I have never noticed the sun coming in from the back off the nose.

smcox1

Reaction score
There are tons of horse trailers with polished or stainless steel noses and it seems like if it was a probably they wouldn't make them like that so I think I should be safe plus I like shiny. I started stripping it yesterday with the premium stripper from home depot and it seems to remove the paint with easy so I will stop by today pick up a bunch of gallon containers of it and a cheap weed sprayer and finish stripping it today.

Ross3031

Reaction score
Moved another semi...
IMG_20150219_141654.jpg

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
Probably putting a 14' living quarters up front and leaving 14' in the back for show cows. If only there was a place nearby that paints airplanes so I could have them strip all the paint off the aluminum. But there isn't so I guess I'm going to have to do it myself :biggun:
Here's what it should look like, the gray will be the aluminum polished to shine like a mirror.
temporary_zps31606e54.jpg

I had to double take that... show cow:shocked:??

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
Do people not do show cattle up by you? They're pretty common around here in the Midwest.

A couple friends of mine put over 300k on an 01 F350 in under 6 years showing beef cattle.

City slicker so I haven't actually been to one honestly. We have the Stampede up here but can't say I've ever seen a prettied up show cow, likely just not looking in the right spots.

smcox1

Reaction score
I had to double take that... show cow:shocked:??

Yup show cattle. I always find it very interesting when people have never heard of show cattle, sheep, or pigs have you ever heard of a fair before? Or a national stock show? The other thing that amuses me is when people do go to a show and see what we do to these cows when they get groomed it intrigues them lol!! And just a warning if you do ever go to a place that has pretty fluffy cows DON'T pet them unless you want to see someone flip **** lol!! And they have a good reason to especially at a big show smooshing their $60,000 steers hair down you could loose a limb lol!!!

Last edited:

BWCbuilt

Reaction score
Is that 3/8" or so plate acting as your upper air bag mount and also your gooseneck hitch while being attached to the frame with 4 small welds?

:shocked:

There is channel underneath that is the actual gooseneck hitch. The top plate its just for the bags. The only reason that I put the gooseneck ball on was to move stuff around the yard with. I have other trucks that are more suited for towing, but it is handy to have an rcsb to shuffle stuff with.

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
Yup show cattle. I always find it very interesting when people have never heard of show cattle, sheep, or pigs have you ever heard of a fair before? Or a national stock show? The other thing that amuses me is when people do go to a show and see what we do to these cows when they get groomed it intrigues them lol!! And just a warning if you do ever go to a place that has pretty fluffy cows DON'T pet them unless you want to see someone flip **** lol!! And they have a good reason to especially at a big show smooshing their $60,000 steers hair down you could loose a limb lol!!!

Heard of fair yes... been to one no... the most we hear about on the radio and TV around here are the auctions for slaughter, I guess they could just auction the pretty ones off too ;) Being an Alberta boy I should probably have gone to a fair sometime or another, we have tons of very well fed cattle up here but just can't say I've seen a show cow :p Show horse.. yes tons of that up here, helped many trucks on the side of the road that smoked a deer move horses from trailer to trailer etc..

Thanks for the tip on petting the fluffy cow hah! I will watch out when I find one. $60k hey... so... is he eventually a really expensive steak?? Or always a 'pet' until he dies? :)

smcox1

Reaction score
A really expensive steak lol!! I believe fort worth stock show grand steer this year sold for over 200k

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.