Rough County lift questions

Pockets

Reaction score
I have a chance to grab a 6" rough country lift for pretty cheap. I just don't know if I should.... I was saving up for a high quality kit like PMF or something of the sort. So what I'm asking is; how is the ride of the Rough County kit? Is this something I should even waste my time on? I have a 08' cc if it matters.
Thanks is advanced

08Monster

Reaction score
Its not terrible, but it's more firm than stock. Personally I like a more firm ride. I'd say go for it. Upgrade the parts you can later, rough country has good hard parts.

Koda22

Reaction score
I plan on buyin g a RC 4inch (hopefully) this year....I think there are some things worth paying more but other how much better can it be...but that's just my opinion...

248superduty

Reaction score
my truck started out with a 6" rough country lift. Fit was great and its the only lift ive ever bought that actually came with every nut and bolt it was supposed to.

Pockets

Reaction score
This kit in question is a used kit. My buddy had it on 6 months before his motor let go. What are the parts I need to check for ware?

txoutlaw250

Reaction score
I put a RC 4.5" on my truck back in December. '07 F250 with 180k and factory shocks still on it. I got one of the newer kits with the 2.0 shocks and a dual steering stabilizer with the 2.2 shocks. Rides awesome. Kit went on with no problems either. I would highly recommend a RC lift to anyone.

yfz rock

Reaction score
I have a RC 8inch 4 link the kit is nice for the price rides alittle stiff for my liking and before i moded the lift the rear end had a lot of vibration even with there carrier bearing drop it was only an 8 inch kit for 20 miles before I made it a 10.5 inch lift if I could do it again I would but PMF 12inch kit

Highroller54

Reaction score
I have a rc 6" on my truck with a 1" spacer and bilstien shocks. I have zero complaints. Price wise they are cheap, quality wise seam to be on par with other budget setups.

junglejoe

Reaction score
I have a rough country on my truck.. would recommend it to anyone. Rides great!

lramos

Reaction score
I have a 4.5' RC lift as well and it works out great. Highroller do you have a pic of your truck with the 6" lift and 1" spacer? Id like to see it. I would like to add a 1.5" spacer to the front of mine to make it 6" and add to the rear to make level. Is that something that I can do? Would I have to get anything new if I added the 1.5"? Thanks in advance!

Latest posts

Members online