Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > The Bunker > Mess Hall

Old 04-24-2015, 06:17 PM
General
Member's Gallery

Yes. Zach Galiafanakis is the focal point.
Old 04-25-2015, 05:34 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyCorr View Post
Yes it is Greek ketchup! Ha ha....that stuff is actually insanely good for you.

Heres another you HAVE to try!

Get some fresh tuna steaks. Specify an inch thick!

Mix 2tbsp of oil(I use evoo because we have it) and 1tbsp of lime juice. Brush the sides and edges of the steaks. Then on a small plate mix white and black sesame seeds. Roll the edge of each steak in seeds.until.coated. Get a grill screaming hot and sear both sides of the tuna. Once the meat will lift, isnt stuck, flip immediately! We're going for an jntense sear and equally intense red interior. Remove. Rest time.

Either prepare or purchase cabbage and carrots mixed in a fine shred. Offer pickled ginger. Also warm hoisin sauce for drizzle or dip.

Lastly, you'll need a vehicle for the accoutrements. I like to either serve as an hoers d'oeuvres with freshly, flash fried wonton triangles(think using as a cracker for salami and.cheese) or in the instance you want to pull this off as a wrap, use sometype of flour wrap or ive even used pan warmed corn tortillas.

Heres my method. You need to slice fairly thinly,the tuna after a 20 min rest. You will take a wonton, stack cabbage mix, stack some ahi tuna, stack pickled ginger.atop the ahi, and then drizzle some of the hoisin over.all that. Place in mouth and drift away. Questioning everything you've eaten until.that point.

If you choose to wrap 'er up. I prefer peanut satay sauce instead of the hoisin.
instead of the hoisin sauce, get some wasabi, add some oil, some cilantro, and a touch of fresh ginger and throw it in a blender and drizzle that over the wonton/tuna steak with a little cabbage thinly sliced on top maybe some bean sprouts
Old 04-25-2015, 05:39 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

i guess i have a basic ass burger
93/7 beef or turkey
sprinkle with tonys cajun seasoning
add allegro

i know earlier yall were talking about buns, next time throw a bagel in the toster and use it as a bun, its amazing
Old 06-16-2015, 09:55 AM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

It is 8:58 in the am and I literally just slurped spit back into my mouth it was watering so much.

My favorite has always been just a 50/50 burger (lean ground and bacon) some lawrys seasoning and an egg or 2.
Old 06-16-2015, 03:35 PM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8Ugly View Post
instead of the hoisin sauce, get some wasabi, add some oil, some cilantro, and a touch of fresh ginger and throw it in a blender and drizzle that over the wonton/tuna steak with a little cabbage thinly sliced on top maybe some bean sprouts
Just saw this. Sorry.

Dont care for wasabi. I like hoisin sauce, pickled ginger, soy sauce, and peanut satay. Strangely i like horseradish but not wasabi. Nir do I like that white crap from Arbys. As soon as you tell someone you like horseradish they usually say "you like that horsey sauce". Ummm no.
Old 06-18-2015, 06:51 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Then use horseradish then, it'll be pretty much the same

*KCCO*
Old 06-28-2019, 12:58 PM
Private
Member's Gallery

Old thread i know but there are some very good sounding mixes here. Thought i would add mine!
I dont measure anything just go by what looks good.
2 lbs 90/10 ground beef (makes 4-6)
Onions, chopped up bacon mixed in BBQ sauce of your choice and precooked prior to adding to the beef.
Add in some Fetta or blue cheese or both
Then add in some pineapple
When putting them on the grill i add some butter on top and let it melt right in!
Throw it on a potato bun and add some more cheese and bobs your uncle!
Old 07-01-2019, 05:33 PM
Corporal
Member's Gallery

Location: Lubbock Texas by way of Detroit ( birthplace unfortunately) and West Virginia with Fomoco.

80/20 Texas raised Angus beef. Course ground salt and pepper. Fire kissed and seared over a real mesquite fire. After searing both sides remove from direct flame and finish to preferred temp. Beautiful smoke ring great flavor. I always get responses like what did you mix, season or put on that burger? Man they're good.
Old 07-01-2019, 06:32 PM
General
Member's Gallery

1/3 pound patty of home raised angus/Holstein beef. Cooked to med-rare. Buttered and toasted potato roll. Slice of cheese, couple pickles on the bottom, tiny squirt of ketchup on top. Thatís all it needs to be perfect.
GTP38R, T500, PIS 175/80s in the engine. waiting to see rods one day

Turned 200k miles 1/18/2015