6.4 tuning

08strokr

Reaction score
Hey I have a 2010 6.4 I bought and the truck had a ******* dash daq on it...if I go above the 210 tunes once I hit around 73 the truck almost feels like it hesitates or jumps...I have tried the 275 tune and the 300 tune and both do it but the 210 does not. Have you seen anything like this or what can I check to rule things out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My09Ride

Reaction score
Hi Ben

What is your goal, and objectives for the truck? Mine is towing a large 5th wheel. The 210 TP has been great. There are some hard shifts from time to time, but the truck pull like a Monster. I've never tried bigger tunes cause I have little or no interest in stressing the head bolt, gaskets or pistons. I have not heard anything in the last year I have been with Them... They may be working on some new stuff for us 6.4 guys. Back off a little, I've had it to 90, and no let up. Even at the 210 you can kick some butt. Tires too. Sorry not to be a lot of help?

08strokr

Reaction score
yea I put it back to the 210 tune just because I am a fan personally of the smooth shifts but I'm just curious about why it does it but no other tune does...more just a curiosity thing...I do like that added power on tap when I want it. It has a bit more kick in the butt than the 210 tune does

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
yea I put it back to the 210 tune just because I am a fan personally of the smooth shifts but I'm just curious about why it does it but no other tune does...more just a curiosity thing...I do like that added power on tap when I want it. It has a bit more kick in the butt than the 210 tune does

Hey bud, check the 6.4 tuning update thread you posted in. I posted some info in there. (The info is in the link below also.)

Here is the main thread for the newest 325 BETA that's available

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73000

The 275 and up tunes have a extremely sensitive throttle, which cause the truck to jerk or jump as some people describe (including me). try out the newest 325 BETA and see if it tones it down (it should).

If you have time go in the 6.4 "aftermarket" section and click on the "looking for customer input" thread.

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65453

Matt (The owner/main tuner at Spar<->tan) posted some excellent info in there about their 6.4 tuning over the past year or so

Its a bunch of pages to go through but you will end up with a wealth of info and on how everything has progressed. since 7/2015 till now.

Enjoy

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online