Dually front locking hub swap

Reaction score
Is there any aftermarket locking hubs for a 2000 dually? Most all I am finding will not work with the dually front hub adapter. If I have to go OEM new then I will. Not really into doing a front hub conversion, just want something a little better than stock if it’s out there. Mine have gotten so hard to turn, even with 45k miles I had to take the hubcaps off to be able to turn them.

EPA

Reaction score
Spray them with wd40 and try to work them loose.. If it works pull them apart and clean and lube them (not with wd its not a lube) there is an oring that tends to get dry and dirty.
Or if you want buy some warn hubs... They say they dont fit duallys but they do... You need to remove the dually wheel adapter to install and once installed you reach in a bit further then before to lock and unlock.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks I’ll try to free them up and see if that helps. Didn’t really think about trying that, I’ve never had a set get tight. I’ve got some John Deere graphite and chain/roller lube, I’ll give one of them a try.

This truck only has 45k but sat a lot, I’ve been working a lot of bugs out of it.

tomlin

Reaction score
I used Mile Marker hubs on mine. Mile Marker says they wont fit duallies but they worked on mine. They are snug but the dually adapter slides over them.

INFRNL

Reaction score
You can also use the standard superduty hubs from warn...just takes a tiny bit of grinding to the hub adapter.

A buddy of mine did it, doesn't take much or very long.

Otherwise some tlc to the factory parts as mentioned should get you back in order and save you a good chunk of change

Latest posts

Members online