Towing EGT's

psduser1

Reaction score
The bigger nozzles will help, as well as Matt's tunes, but I don't think you get where you want to be.
Keep us updated.

uncool

Reaction score
Should have spent that money on a turbo first.

I will say it again the D66 will not work with what you are wanting to do with it.

You just added a bunch more fuel to an all ready bad towing turbo.

Drive over to Atascadero CA, and pick up my 2500 mile KC38r and a blank pedistal. $1350 and it is yours.

565edge

Reaction score
I didnt buy a turbo because kc turbo has been back ordered. I want a t4 set up but dont want to deal with the smog crap in California. Is your turbo the new 366 kc38 or the older style one?

uncool

Reaction score
It is the older style dual bb cartridge.

I am running a T4 setup and just had mine smogged on Monday.

565edge

Reaction score
I got the 910 valve springs and smith bros .120 wall pushrods installed. Also installed the new 238/80 injectors from Unlimited. Gear Head sent me (7) new tunes for it. Finished it up yesterday and today at lunch it finally fired up. Ill drive it around for 50 miles or so then I will hook the trailer up and see how it does. I also bought a walbro GSL 392 fuel pump for it that I will install this weekend. Wanted to say thanks to The Brad for phone calls / text and helping me out.

565edge

Reaction score
I just towed up the grapevine and the truck runs alot better. Last time I towed up the grapevine it was about 20 degrees cooler and with ******** tunes and stock injectors I was at 35mph in 2nd gear at 1200 degrees. With the new 238/80 injectors I still had to go down to 2nd gear but pulled it at 45 mph, 20# of boost at 1100 degrees. It pulls around town 10x better and tows down the highway so much better.

565edge

Reaction score
Looks like KC turbo is coming out with new turbine wheel for the obs and the 99.5 and newer 7.3 trucks based off the sxe 300 version of there Turbo. I am going to be one of the Beta Testers for this and look forward to getting it installed and getting some feedback.

This is from KC-Turbo. This is our new 7.3 s300 drop in turbine wheel! THIS IS A DROP IN WHEEL. NO MODIFICATIONS NEEDED. You will see the blades are larger, it captures more air and will spool much faster and is more efficient. This new wheel is based off of an s300sxe style wheel (similar to what we use in our new KC38r 366). We offer them for the OBS and Superduty trucks.

IMPORTANT: We do not recommend this on stock compressor wheels, this wheel will help the turbo to spool better and run harder... which can exacerbate the surge problem with the stock compressor wheels. It must be paired with a billet wheel. It can also be used with D66 style turbos.

These wheels will come component balanced.

Attachments

• Turbine 1.jpg
    Turbine 1.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 113
  • Turbine 2.jpg
    Turbine 2.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 107

565edge

Reaction score
KC Turbo got the kc38r 366 back in stock so I bought one. Got it installed today and it runs pretty good. I got the 1.0 housing with it and also got some 1023 tunes for it. I have my d66 for sale in the classifieds. I'll hook the trailer up next week and see how it does.

565edge

Reaction score
The truck is all done. I have not hit a big grade yet but the rgt's on flat highway or slight incline are about the same. Truck runs way betterpulling trailer through town and from stop lights. It will maintain around 1050 egt in overdrive at 62 mph. Any more speed and it's at 1200 degrees. But when it drops down into drive it's a monster. I am honestly thinking about putting 4.30 gears in it. I need to go hit a grade and see what it does. I'm having issues with the 1023 tunes and will be taking them out and staying with ********. Dusty is having issues with my pcm code. Hoping he can resolve it.

uncool

Reaction score
Yes,

I will send you a PM, we get the details worked out, hitch configuration and such, I will drive over to you, hook up your trailer, and go tow, you drive.

I am running 250/100, 366SXE with a .91 housing, live tuned by 1023 diesel, 3.73 with 285's.

Marc

LakeBum

Reaction score
I tried a KC and it was a hot mess. Went to a T4/SXE setup with stock injectors, 35s and EGTs don't exist. Worth every penny.

Jomax

Reaction score
Guys, guys, 38r or forget about it. All these other turbos aren’t as good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online