Transfer case & trans prob.

Captainharley6.0

Reaction score
Need some advice guys, I am working on my buds truck for him, transfer case is gone and i have a replacement, got the driveshafts of yesterday but its tight going getting the front bolts. Any tricks or tips to help ease my misery lol
Also trans trouble too, have clutch pressure and will go into any gear its a 5 speed, but wont move. I removed inspection plate and fluid looks new, no metal shavings, what do you think let go?? Turns out i think i have a big project on my hands now!
Any advice appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cr500

Reaction score
Are you sure t case is good?
If the engagement teeth are gacked it will not engage into the input yoke inside case. Try shifting the case and see what happens. Or just take the rear shaft loose, put truck in gear, have someone underneath try to turn case output, if they can't pull clutch in and see if they can. If yes to first question pull case off and try same thing again but on rear shaft of trans. While case is off to verify good/ no good spin input while holding output, shift it and do again, etc.

Captainharley6.0

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice! The t case is hard to get off not a lot off room to get at the bolts :(

Captainharley6.0

Reaction score
Transfer case had no fluid in it, completely gone inside, so got new t case in all back together and nothing! With clutch in very noisy and quite out, all gears work transmission fluid good on 5sp
So i guess i am looking at clutch now?

Latest posts

Members online