Sca strips

Brads93 idi

Reaction score
I need to find out where to get the test strips for my coolant it's getting hot and wana make sure I don't need to change it yet

MAC

Reaction score
SCA strips are to test the SCA's in the coolant.

If your truck is getting hot it's probably time to flush the coolant and replace with new coolant, make sure to get a coolant with SCA's already mixed in, or buy a bottle of the SCA and mix it yourself.

Also check your t-stat, block heater and hoses while the coolant is out.

MAC

Reaction score
Best way to flush it is drain out all the coolant, fill it back up with a water/rad flush mix then go drive around a bit, and drain all that out, and just keep filling it up with water/rad flush till the water comes out clean.

Some people will tell you up take out the black drains, but most the time the bolts round off then you're SOL

As for what coolant to use I run Fleet Charge, you can get it almost anywhere, I got mine from TSC, the coolant is already premixed with the SCA's so all you have to do is mix it 50/50 with distilled water.

Also these engine take 8 gallons of coolant, so you'll need 4 gallons of coolant and 4 gallons of distilled water.

Brads93 idi

Reaction score
Ok well i will do that then I will be able the to keep track of it then the ppl I got the truck from didn't have it long but the pre. Owners took very good care of the truck when I got it the deff oil was good trany oil was good so I'm pretty sure they kept up with the antifreeze

Latest posts

Members online