airdog 2 question

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Hey guys its time to upgrade my fuel system as it doesn't like my xstreet tune. Fuel pressure will drop to around 48psi on wot pulls. I got a tsd sump and was looking to do an airdog . I like the ad 2 a lot because of the regulator however I have heard of a few having problems and without the hfcm ur sol. So my question is what exactly has been failing on them? Is it as simple as having an extra motor and some o rings in the toolbox?

Irontx

Reaction score
I had mine mess up. Think it was bad from the start. Call them up, had a replacement on my door in a day or 2. No question asked. Their CS is top notch for sure. It comes with spare orings. Keep your HFCM in your tool box just in case. Things do fail. You won't have a FP problem after the swap. Can barely hear the pump after I installed my sump. Thing runs so smooth. Def worth getting.

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Is it easy enough to switch the hfcm back if something happens and I've alwayys heard great things about their cs but that doesn't help me if it takes a dump on the side of the road.

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Irontx what sump do u have and how did u plumb it? If urs is a fx4 did it clear the skid plate or did u have to modify it?

Irontx

Reaction score
Is it easy enough to switch the hfcm back if something happens and I've alwayys heard great things about their cs but that doesn't help me if it takes a dump on the side of the road.

It wouldn't be hard. Put a valve between the sump and the pump. So you can sut off fuel. All your factory lines are still there. Leave your HFCM where it is. Un plug the harnesses of course. If you have a problem, crawl under there and re plumb the factory pump. Think my problem was a fluke. I couldn't. Believe how quiet my new pump was compared to my first one. As far as the sump, well, their pretty low profile. I don't think you will have a problem. Lots of guys with FX4 run them. Havent heard of an issue. Even still, don't think it would be that hard to trim the skid plate if it needed it. Def worth the piece of mind.

On edit: I have a Hellman sump. Was a piece of cake to do. I let my tank sit overnight after I put the sump in. To let it cure a little. While your in there, might as well harpoon it too.

Last edited:

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Thanks irontx I was looking at the diagrams for the airdog and if it does go it shouldn't be hard toget back up and running if it dies. A pain in a$$ for sure but so is doing injectors..

Thanks

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Last thing how did u plumb from the sump to the airdog? Change the fitting on the supplied line? Or did u have a new line made? Thanks for the info

Irontx

Reaction score
Last thing how did u plumb from the sump to the airdog? Change the fitting on the supplied line? Or did u have a new line made? Thanks for the info

I used the AD supply line and cut the quik connect off the end. Put a half inch to barbed nipple on a ball valve on the sump , then crammed the supply hose on and secured it with a hose clamp.

wetnsloppy4x

Reaction score
As far as the sump, well, their pretty low profile. I don't think you will have a problem. Lots of guys with FX4 run them. Havent heard of an issue. Even still, don't think it would be that hard to trim the skid plate if it needed it. Def worth the piece of mind.
Just to throw it out here, an alternative to cutting a hole in the skidplate is to drop the skidplate and inch or so.

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Just to throw it out here, an alternative to cutting a hole in the skidplate is to drop the skidplate and inch or so.

That's what's what I was thinking because my welder is at my buddies in nh. Not to mention idk how much protetion boxing the sump in would offer. I feel like if ou were to drag something across the skid plate it would rip the box off and take the sump, your fuel tank and all ur fuel with it.

Latest posts

Members online