Cab Removal Directions (ZMBYKLR)

imelmo

Reaction score
Made this a sticky now for cab removal. Feel free to add any tricks or tips as well as differences for other years or configurations. Just be as detailed as you can when doing so. :D

imelmo

Reaction score
One additional thing. I also used some ratchet straps to attach the cab to the lift arms to make sure the cab doesn't go anywhere unexpectedly.

Chris

Reaction score
One additional thing. I also used some ratchet straps to attach the cab to the lift arms to make sure the cab doesn't go anywhere unexpectedly.

great move! especially with a reglar cab they can be a little tipsy.

one thing we do on the ebrake cables (they just suck, no way around it). on some of them they have a little dimple pushed in on the connector that makes it really tough to push the cables into it far enough to seperate. get a tiny drill bit and just drill that dimple out from the back side. then do like ross said and set the ebrake, clamp the cable and release it and itll come apart much easier. you wont have to fight it as bad or pry it apart with a screw driver.

another thing weve been doing on some year trucks is pulling the brake cylinder out from the hydro boost. keeps from having to get all of the brake lines started and doesnt get air in the system.

everyone has little ways of doing things differently and to their preference, and no way is wrong or right. this thread will be great for people to see all the different ways to do things so theyll be more confident in doing it themselves.

So when are we getting the nitrous install writeup Danny?

07powerstroke91

Reaction score
Wow what a pain in the ass. A lot of stuff you wouldn't think about. Great write-up, as for me I learned that when it comes time for this job I'm doing it cab on :)

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
great move! especially with a reglar cab they can be a little tipsy.

one thing we do on the ebrake cables (they just suck, no way around it). on some of them they have a little dimple pushed in on the connector that makes it really tough to push the cables into it far enough to seperate. get a tiny drill bit and just drill that dimple out from the back side. then do like ross said and set the ebrake, clamp the cable and release it and itll come apart much easier. you wont have to fight it as bad or pry it apart with a screw driver.

another thing weve been doing on some year trucks is pulling the brake cylinder out from the hydro boost. keeps from having to get all of the brake lines started and doesnt get air in the system.

everyone has little ways of doing things differently and to their preference, and no way is wrong or right. this thread will be great for people to see all the different ways to do things so theyll be more confident in doing it themselves.

So when are we getting the nitrous install writeup Danny?

we use the same ratchet strap idea, most single cabs we can get pretty good on the lift, but its teh added insurance that makes me a little easier about pulling the single cab up

imelmo

Reaction score
one thing we do on the ebrake cables (they just suck, no way around it). on some of them they have a little dimple pushed in on the connector that makes it really tough to push the cables into it far enough to seperate. get a tiny drill bit and just drill that dimple out from the back side.

That's what we did on our dually too.

GreenMachine

Reaction score
Awesome write up, Going to be following these step for step in the next few weeks as soon as i finally get around to buying all the parts needed.

6.0Powerjoke

Reaction score
Wow what a pain in the ass. A lot of stuff you wouldn't think about. Great write-up, as for me I learned that when it comes time for this job I'm doing it cab on :)

It's really not that bad. We pulled the cab on one last week. We started flushing the block around 4 and had the cab in the air by 5:30.
It is some work but makes the job SO much easier in the big picture.

imelmo

Reaction score

It's not bad at all really. I work REALLY slow and can have it off completely by myself in about 3.5 hours, and that's with taking off additional stuff that's on my truck. Two people could easily do it in about 2 hours or less I would think, especially with a guide to follow.

I just went to repost the pics for this and I have apparently finally been zapped by Photobucket for the $40 per month to 3rd party pics. Eff that. Luckily I had downloaded all my pics off there already just in case this happened. What picture hosting sites are people using now?

Latest posts

Members online