what plug for SCT/Tyrant SOTF?

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
It temp sensor plug. It's in the intercooler pipe.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

TrickTruck

Reaction score
I do have one oddity.

I'd think that from level 0 to 5 there'd be a big seat of the pants feel to it. There isn't.

Counter clock wise is 0 and clock wise is 5, right? I don't feel any difference in the seat.

Switch says 'no limit' on it. The instructions said there's be a switch and a LED light that lit up when I had the polarity right, there is no led light and no switch. Talked to Blake (one of the absolute dealers.) He said it doesn't have polarity and to plug them in any old way. So I did.

Have I got something messed up here?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I do have one oddity.

I'd think that from level 0 to 5 there'd be a big seat of the pants feel to it. There isn't.

Counter clock wise is 0 and clock wise is 5, right? I don't feel any difference in the seat.

Switch says 'no limit' on it. The instructions said there's be a switch and a LED light that lit up when I had the polarity right, there is no led light and no switch. Talked to Blake (one of the absolute dealers.) He said it doesn't have polarity and to plug them in any old way. So I did.

Have I got something messed up here?

did you ask the person you bought from ?

CallMeColt

Reaction score
I had a lot of issues getting my truck to work with SOTF tunes. Two ways to be sure the SOTF is working for sure is to start on stock power level. Find a nice open area & go full throttle. While wide open, shift power up & see if you feel a change. If you're modified, you will be able to watch & see the smoke start coming out. The other is if your tuner monitors it, check your fuel rate readings at wide open throttle. Stock on mine was max around 1,800. On level 4, it's about 2,200, meaning more fuel is being injected. Hopefully this will be helpful. My only other suggestion would be oh test your switch to be sure it's in proper range, & that it's plugged into the proper plug securely.

ABChop

Reaction score
I had the same issues with the SOFT tunes....didn't know if my switch was working.

With the 1st company I tried, he said the throttle position needs to be >60%.
So I started with switch in #1, pinned it, and started going up to #5. Big difference, you could feel the jump in hp with every position.
Then I got Tyrant tunes...which I like, but I have yet to see any difference when trying the same thing with them, so am just running the straight 210 tune now.

Also there are 2 types of SOTF switches. You need to have the correct one installed designed to run with the tunes you have loaded. Took awhile to figure this out too...as nobody really says that.
One plugs into CAC sensor, ones plugs into Fuel Temp sensor.

As I have a bunch of different tunes, and would like to try more, I already have the CAC style SOTF switch installed.
I have a fuel temp version SOTF switch coming in the mail.
Does anyone know if you can wire in both CAC & Fuel Temp style SOTF switches at once....and make a switch....for your SOTF switches??
That way it would be easy to go back and forth between fuel temp tunes like GDP and PPEI's, and CAC tunes like Tyrant's.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online