Transmission leak help

02bigstrokin

Reaction score
My 2014 is leaking transmission fluid between the transfer case and the body of the transmission housing at 27k miles. Can someone please tell me what is between the transmission and tcase on this model. Prodemand only shows pics of a 5r110 setup but nothing on the 6r140. I stood at the ford parts counter for 30 minutes trying to find whatever gasket/seal/whatever is between the two and nobody there could tell me either. They keep trying to sell me the gasket used on the 5 speeds even with my vin entered in the system. Thanks for any input

PDT1081

Reaction score
My 2014 is leaking transmission fluid between the transfer case and the body of the transmission housing at 27k miles. Can someone please tell me what is between the transmission and tcase on this model. Prodemand only shows pics of a 5r110 setup but nothing on the 6r140. I stood at the ford parts counter for 30 minutes trying to find whatever gasket/seal/whatever is between the two and nobody there could tell me either. They keep trying to sell me the gasket used on the 5 speeds even with my vin entered in the system. Thanks for any input

27k miles and it's not covered under warranty?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I believe it is called the trans output shaft seal. It comes with a nut with the seal, and you need a special tool to remove it, as it is round and has 4 holes that are used for removing it. But yes, a 2014 at 27k should be covered under 5/60 drivetrain....

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I believe it is called the trans output shaft seal. It comes with a nut with the seal, and you need a special tool to remove it, as it is round and has 4 holes that are used for removing it. But yes, a 2014 at 27k should be covered under 5/60 drivetrain....

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
That makes sense...

Might not be covered if his truck is on jenny Craig though....

live life full throttle

02bigstrokin

Reaction score
Thanks! Yeah my truck is not exactly warranty compliant. I don’t mind doing it myself I just wanted to get the seal first so I can fix it and be done.

Latest posts

Members online