Balancing Bead Vibration

DieselJuice

Reaction score
So, I bought some new tires for the truck. I ended up going with 35x12.5x20E Cooper S/T Maxx tires on stock Lariat wheels. Well, the tire shop that did that put wheel weights on the outside of the wheels and I didn't like that at all, I took it to another shop that I usually use and does a great job. They did an alignment took the wheel weights off and put beads in there (which were $10 a bag for Equal). Anyways, the truck felt great going through town, got on the highway to go home and started feeling a vibration around 75 at 80 the vibration is annoying. I was just curious if anyone has had any experience with beads?

psduser1

Reaction score
Used them for a lot of miles, no problems at all.
Did the shop balance the rim to the tire?
There can be a surprising amount of weight difference across a tire, and even some rims.
Usually the beads will handle that, but not always.
Maybe move the tires around to different positions on the truck, see if you can pinpoint a specific tire.

PDT1081

Reaction score
So, I bought some new tires for the truck. I ended up going with 35x12.5x20E Cooper S/T Maxx tires on stock Lariat wheels. Well, the tire shop that did that put wheel weights on the outside of the wheels and I didn't like that at all, I took it to another shop that I usually use and does a great job. They did an alignment took the wheel weights off and put beads in there (which were $10 a bag for Equal). Anyways, the truck felt great going through town, got on the highway to go home and started feeling a vibration around 75 at 80 the vibration is annoying. I was just curious if anyone has had any experience with beads?
Why did they do an alignment?

79jasper

Reaction score
Did the shop balance the rim to the tire?
There can be a surprising amount of weight difference across a tire, and even some rims.
Usually the beads will handle that, but not always.

Especially that big of tire.
I'm on 35's, don't know what brand/quantity beads are in mine, but it doesn't typically shake.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

DieselJuice

Reaction score
Sorry, I was away from the computer and couldn't get tapatalk to work. I had to have the truck realigned because the shop that mounted the tires aligned without having the steering wheel straight. Tire pressures after I made the post were way different on all four sides, ranging from 50PSI to 85. I lowered the tires down to 60 and that made a big difference. The Coopers call for 65, what do you guys run for pressure on a 35 E rated tire before I go have these things balanced again.

Latest posts

Members online