06 axle swap and questions

rusty1161

Reaction score
My 2001 10.5" swap into my 1997 F250 has spring perches that are 1" taller. I believe most of the 10.5" rear ends are this way.

Rusty

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
I hear if you remove the obs flex line off the axle, the SD flex line will thread right into it. But just what I hear. May get you moving quick till you find what you need

kmanxj

Reaction score
I already cut the steel line on my truck. Assuming I can just buy the same fitting as the SD for the obs size line. We'll find out tomorrow when I got to the parts store

kmanxj

Reaction score
Parts plus had an adaptor to go from the 3/16 obs fitting to the 1/4 SD fitting.

I broke my VSS pulling it out of the 10.25, where is best to buy a new one?

kmanxj

Reaction score
I wondered about that. I bought one from car quest. I guess I'll see what it does and go from there.

Have you changed anything in your brake system frank?

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
No. Just all the brake lines so I have no rust issues. I think the peddle is too spongy for my liking but I'm used to it now. Still stops great and much better braking vs the stock obs

kmanxj

Reaction score
I got the back end all together last night and took it for a spin. And boy does it stop awesome!!! I had to pull the wheels and found there was no brake pads. I'm sure glad I didn't bleed the brakes first. So I had to go get new pads, came home to put those on and on of the pistons in the driver side caliper was broken and falling apart. So had to run and grab a new one. Have to get the bed on tonight after work and my fifth wheel hitch back in and go pick up my camper and head out for the weekend. Rocking two different sets of rims and some new axle technology in the back and old junk in the front!

kmanxj

Reaction score
The brake pedal is a little bit softer than before, but I have felt way worse and it stopped on a dime compared to before.

Latest posts

Members online