LED Headlights and Fog Lights

Ryan2012F350

Reaction score
Well, so far so good. Got my LED lights and installed them after gutting the HID's.

Weird how the fog lights are held in, seemed a little loose to me, maybe i'm nuts but the tabs seem to be held under the little screw heads. In an effort to get them tighter while turning the led bulb by the fan on the back to install it, it broke loose and spins now. Not sure if that's normal but it doesn't effect the function of it.

Been down 100km of terrible gravel/dirt roads and they are still in there so should be good to go.

Seem to be as bright as the 55W HID's I had in. I like the color, fogs are a bit different from the headlights but only bugs me because I am full OCD with my trucks.

Will let you know if I have any issues, I drive in mud all day every day while I'm at work, or full on dust if it dries. If anyone can wreck them, it's me. Dust proof and water proof they say. I'll be the judge of that haha.

RedRice589

Reaction score
Well, so far so good. Got my LED lights and installed them after gutting the HID's.

Weird how the fog lights are held in, seemed a little loose to me, maybe i'm nuts but the tabs seem to be held under the little screw heads. In an effort to get them tighter while turning the led bulb by the fan on the back to install it, it broke loose and spins now. Not sure if that's normal but it doesn't effect the function of it.

Been down 100km of terrible gravel/dirt roads and they are still in there so should be good to go.

Seem to be as bright as the 55W HID's I had in. I like the color, fogs are a bit different from the headlights but only bugs me because I am full OCD with my trucks.

Will let you know if I have any issues, I drive in mud all day every day while I'm at work, or full on dust if it dries. If anyone can wreck them, it's me. Dust proof and water proof they say. I'll be the judge of that haha.

I had the same issue with the fogs. I think some glue could fix it. I hit a gnarly bump loaded two nights ago and had one go out. Josh is getting it swapped out for me no questions asked. Great product and great guy to deal with.

nick0360

Reaction score
Are the led's susposed to line up straight up and down in the housing? And do both dioldes light up on high and low beam or just high? think I got a did set these bulbs only throw light into the top right Coner and only the top led lights up, looks like crap and light output is terrible

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I just put some in yesterday. Only one of he LEDs lights up on low and both light up with the high beams. The light out put on mine is awesome. And josh is the man. I striped out one of the adapters on the bulbs and he shipped one out on a Saturday for me.
ga3asepe.jpg
cut off is better than my halogens

Reaction score
Are the led's susposed to line up straight up and down in the housing? And do both dioldes light up on high and low beam or just high? think I got a did set these bulbs only throw light into the top right Coner and only the top led lights up, looks like crap and light output is terrible

Only one LED will light up with low beam, both will light up with the high beams on.

The lights do not line up perfectly up and down. The way they are built into a dish on the bulb creates the even output, not them being lined up in the lights. There would be no way to line them up without some type of adjustable locking ring.

Ryan2012F350

Reaction score
I had a little buzz in the radio when I turned on my HID's when one was burnt out... No issue or buzz now with the LED's.

Demon

Reaction score
It's how the HI beam hits the reflector. If you are on a road at night pick a sign maybe 1/2 mile down the road. And watch the sign when you toggle low to hi beam. You won't really see that hi beam much on the ground in front of you, as it reflects off the top half of the housing.

Latest posts

Members online