What built transmission and converter to go with?

MaxdLaw

Reaction score
I gotta slow down on my new topics but the time has come where I need a built transmission. What transmission do you guys have? Please do tell me if you like it and what type of money you had to put down and if you like the warranties. Thanks. Here is everything I have done to my truck so far.

my4ebase.jpg

Strokin89

Reaction score
Zf6 swap with southbend clutch :)

2005 F250 6.0 powerstroke, 6 speed manual, egr delete, arp head studs, new oil cooler, aftermarket coolant filter, custom intake, 4" down pipe into dual 6" stacks, 8" lift, TSD super panty dropper tune.

swinky

Reaction score
I don't have half that in mine holy schit. Twisted diesel all the way. Amazing guys to deal with. Put $2600 or so down and they'll start building you a stage 3 tomorrow. 3yr 100k mile warranty. A little over 5k dollars. Customer service is best in the business.

Irontx

Reaction score
Got 28k and change in mine....know how ya feel...
I just got off the phone with Andy Warren today.... gonna have him build me a comp tranny..... guess it all depends on who ya talk too.... and if they make ya feel comfortable handing them 5-6 grand!!! Lol....

MaxdLaw

Reaction score
I don't have half that in mine holy schit. Twisted diesel all the way. Amazing guys to deal with. Put $2600 or so down and they'll start building you a stage 3 tomorrow. 3yr 100k mile warranty. A little over 5k dollars. Customer service is best in the business.

I've heard they do pretty good. Where are they out of? I'm in Il about ten minutes from the Mississippi River.

MaxdLaw

Reaction score
Got 28k and change in mine....know how ya feel...
I just got off the phone with Andy Warren today.... gonna have him build me a comp tranny..... guess it all depends on who ya talk too.... and if they make ya feel comfortable handing them 5-6 grand!!! Lol....

True. I heard it could be about 6 g's. Tell you what tho I seen that video of your truck with nitrous (50-100). Holy ****...

MaxdLaw

Reaction score
Zf6 swap with southbend clutch :)

2005 F250 6.0 powerstroke, 6 speed manual, egr delete, arp head studs, new oil cooler, aftermarket coolant filter, custom intake, 4" down pipe into dual 6" stacks, 8" lift, TSD super panty dropper tune.

No manual for me lol

MaxdLaw

Reaction score
I've heard suncoast is one of the best around and they're warranty covers racing and sled pulling. Any truth to this?

Irontx

Reaction score
True. I heard it could be about 6 g's. Tell you what tho I seen that video of your truck with nitrous (50-100). Holy ****...

Lol.... yeah.... that was a little baby shot.... thinking like a .048 pill or something like that.Any time I ever hit that stuff, I saw dollar signs flashing before my eyes..

MaxdLaw

Reaction score
Lol.... yeah.... that was a little baby shot.... thinking like a .048 pill or something like that.Any time I ever hit that stuff, I saw dollar signs flashing before my eyes..

I imagine that's everyone at wide open lol. But yeah my tranny is just donezo so gotta start working on it. Pulling it beginning of next week I believe.

sootie

Reaction score
hit up Morgan @ Midwest Diesel, he can build a stout trans...

Cab stayed on

Reaction score
In my opinion if your worried about the money aspect I would just go with a precision industries converter with a sonnax billet input shaft and a flex plate and I think it would hold your truck well. Better then dropping 6k on a tranny.

scparrish

Reaction score
BTS and especially if you can make the drive there. The customer service is phenomenal but I don't know what they are charging now it's been 4-5 years

swinky

Reaction score
BTS and especially if you can make the drive there. The customer service is phenomenal but I don't know what they are charging now it's been 4-5 years

Good option here as well.
I've heard suncoast is one of the best around and they're warranty covers racing and sled pulling. Any truth to this?
suncoast imo doesn't build a fantastic 5r. My twisted stage 3 is covered no matter what.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

ncollins64

Reaction score
I'm running Morgans comp trans from Midwest diesel and it's holding great with my 4 digit set up. Awesome warranty and the best customer service. I'll let Morgan tell you a price since some things could be differant.

slc dzl

Reaction score
In my opinion if your worried about the money aspect I would just go with a precision industries converter with a sonnax billet input shaft and a flex plate and I think it would hold your truck well. Better then dropping 6k on a tranny.

You buy all those parts but who will you have build it your local shop?
Imo the doing once for 6k seems a whole lot easier.

Latest posts

Members online