Windshield wind noise

Arconalloy

Reaction score
Sorry guys I know this has been brought up on here so many times but for some reason it wont allow me to search on my phone. My windshield on the passenger side is sounding like a horn in a high school band and I'm tired of it, I've talked to my dealership about the issue a handful of times and they have confirmed and documented that my truck does have the issue however they are telling me they aren't sure its the windshield that it may he the mirror so once they can confirm the actual issue it will be fixed but it's not happening fast I tell ya that and I want it fixed. They replaced the door seal thinking that was it but I called right after I got the truck back and said nope still exists. Can someone point me in the directions of some threads of people talking about this so I can do a little reading? Thanks

CATDiezel

Reaction score
The windshield needs completely resealed.

A bunch of guys have had this happen including me.

To diagnose yourself either use painters tape or 3m electrical tape around the seal of the windshield slightly overlapping onto the glass. I found mine that way... however mine was on the drivers side.

bhudson

Reaction score
Make em fix it or tell em to take it back and get one that doesn't do that. Raise hell if you have to

bhudson

Reaction score
Yep that's what you gotta do. Get the service manager and make him ride with you so he can witness it. That should get the trick done, if not, try talking to the general manager or owner

Arconalloy

Reaction score
That's my plan, last night I recorded two videos of it at 70 mph and it constantly sounding off I'm going to take that to them. They have driven the truck already twice and confirmed the sound if there.

Arconalloy

Reaction score
Yea me too, most of my miles are highway miles and that's when it does it the most. I can't even talk on my Bluetooth speaker without people asking wtf are you doing haha ive had enough of it

TyCorr

Reaction score
This is a huuuuuge issue. The majority of their new offerings are doing this. The trucks. The explorers. Im waiting for my car to start.

Arconalloy

Reaction score
Yea I've seen many threads talking about it but only fixes I've read is people using silicon. I refuse to find some home remedy on a 2014 under warranty, no go!

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I have seen this many times, but sometimes it is hard to dupkicate. I have noticed it mostly happens when you have a strong cross or head wind. There are some trucks that do it so bad though that it will do itwhenever, which sounds like what you have.

Arconalloy

Reaction score
I have seen this many times, but sometimes it is hard to dupkicate. I have noticed it mostly happens when you have a strong cross or head wind. There are some trucks that do it so bad though that it will do itwhenever, which sounds like what you have.

Your right mine does it worse with cross winds for sure, almost constant at 70 mph on a windy day. At 90 mph on a calm day I it will sound off non stop

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Probably the best way to get it fixed is ride with the tech. I am pretty sketched out about taking customer's trucks that fast, and if its a calm day they probably wont beable to duplicate it. And unfortunately for some guys, if they cant find it they wont fix it, no matter how many times theyve seen it.