Fall/winter project

Extended Power

Reaction score
Just picked up another JL Audio 1000/1v2 for the second 12W7.

Gonna be stacked/layered with the other one.
Keeping my eyes open for another 450/4v2.

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
Looks amazing! Thanks for the showdown tip, lots of reading ahead for my much smaller/poor guy budget audio build :)

Can't wait to see it with the captains in

Extended Power

Reaction score
Already changed some stuff around, and haven't even finished the install yet...lol
Swapped out the Clarus 61-2 component set for a pair of HAT L6SE's and some HAT L1ProR2's.
Also swapped the older 4 volt Mosconi DSP for the v8 model.

20150422_095438.jpg

20150422_095523.jpg

20150511_130446.png

20150511_164044.png

The pods I'm using....

20150422_095611.jpg

Last edited:

ja_cain

Reaction score
I always liked the look of phase plug mids like the seas drivers for instance. Not familiar with that brand though. Been out of it too long. Nice work btw.

ja_cain

Reaction score
What is the DSP's capabilities? Can it do time alignment, filters (3-way+sub+4th order) and equalization? I always wanted to do a sweet active setup with hand picked drivers and possibly wave-guides in a car. Just seems like overkill these days though. Can't wait to see how you mount those tweeters. Would love to see off axis measurements on those bad boys.

shmoozer

Reaction score
I was just reading your build over on DIY mobile audio. I thought that truck looked familiar lol.

-KCCO-

Extended Power

Reaction score
Well the idea of using Excursion door panels is toast...
Wanted to use them instead of making custom door panels for the rear doors.

Extended Power

Reaction score
So on to custom door panels then?

-KCCO-

Not sure yet.
Picked up another set of HAT L6se's, and a pair of HAT L3se's.
May stick the L3's up front, and the tweeters in back with the second set of L6's.

Really not a fan of these rear bucket seats...they don't lean forward...they only go to the straight up position, and that's it. Makes adjustments to the amps impossible.

Probably gonna end up making another amp rack for the back of the box that will contain all four amps...easier access for adjustability.

Extended Power

Reaction score
Got the HAT L3se midrange installed in some aluminum pods from Germany.

20160114_121333.jpg

20160114_151943_1.jpg

Last edited:

Extended Power

Reaction score
Finally found the last missing piece of the puzzle to my system.

Just purchased another JL450/4v2. (3 in total now, along with 2 JL1000/1v2 sub amps.)

Super stoked to get this all together now!

jdc753

Reaction score
Amazing gear selection and awesome install so far. Love that you did ALL of the acoustical treatments. I've wanted to run a HAT 3-way for years, but just could never pull the trigger and that Mosconi should let you tune anything.

My amps are a similar nightmare to access for tuning, but at least once you get them level matched and dialed in you shouldn't have to fool with them.

Extended Power

Reaction score
Amazing gear selection and awesome install so far. Love that you did ALL of the acoustical treatments. I've wanted to run a HAT 3-way for years, but just could never pull the trigger and that Mosconi should let you tune anything.

My amps are a similar nightmare to access for tuning, but at least once you get them level matched and dialed in you shouldn't have to fool with them.

True.
It's just the initial setup that is enough to drive you crazy.
If I ever pull my engine again, I'd like to put some kind of sound deadner on the front fire wall.
Still too loud at times. (The outside noise...not the inside)

Extended Power

Reaction score
Kicking the idea around of getting a set of Dynaudio Esotar2 650 mid bass, or even a pair of JL ZR800 mid bass drivers.
Not sure if the HAT L6se will handle the extra power of the amps.
I know the Dyn's have been able to handle high power without issues...I could double up on the L6 driver on the front doors, and just run the set of Clarus 61-2's n the rear.
The JL's would cover up more area of the door panels. (Which are blocking a portion of the drivers.
Idk.

Extended Power

Reaction score
You have done a fantastic job! Sick build.

Thank you.

Well...got the last amp I needed to start the additions.
Plan is slowly coming together.
Gonna run two separate 0/1 gauge feeds to two separate distribution blocks. (Each containing a 300 amp ANL fuse)
Then run three short 4 ga cable runs off of one block, and two short 4 ga cable runs off the other. (Each 4 ga run will also have its own ANL fuse installed before each amp.)
Picked up a pair of window sail panels that work awesome with my HAT L1Pro R2's...only issue is that it places the tweeters right behind the midrange drivers...so I gotta change the midrange location.