Dt360 upgrades

ken6881

Reaction score
Does anyone have rod and main bearing specs for these motors? Pulling mine in the next couple days need to figure out what's currently in it.

ja_cain

Reaction score
I'm going to pass on the steel Pistons it honestly doesn't seem necessary on these motors from my research
Good to know. Are the factory pistons forged aluminum or cast aluminum?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

ken6881

Reaction score
I think forged but might be cast I will post pics when I pull mine but it's been rebuilt at some point in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ja_cain

Reaction score
Steel pistons are considerably heavier than aluminum
Check out that article I posted up. Definitely some cool info in there, especially regarding weight differences.

ja_cain

Reaction score
I think forged but might be cast I will post pics when I pull mine but it's been rebuilt at some point in the past.

I would assume the cast ones will have the steel insert ring land for the top ring. Forged shouldn't have it based on a couple things I have read. It will be interesting to see what's in yours.

ken6881

Reaction score
Looks like I have an early motor 056622. I found a rebuild kit for 680 for an early motor but I'm not sure what the difference is to the late kits and if I would be better off with a late kit.

ken6881

Reaction score
Will a 466 balancer fit the 360 I read online it will. I'm thinking easy serpentine setup?

ken6881

Reaction score
That would definitely make things easier.

That is one of the things keeping me from installing my DT360 is the belt setup.

I have access to a big lathe if I think I can turn down a dt360 setup I will at least try it. The agg balances are much smaller than truck ones. Finding it is the hard part

Merc460

Reaction score
The Serp DT466 dampner will fit the DT360, I messed with it for a while , but ended up with the Ag balancer cause it was quicker and my project was dragging on far to long. . There is a fellow on PS nation that did the serp set up successfully.

ken6881

Reaction score
The Serp DT466 dampner will fit the DT360, I messed with it for a while , but ended up with the Ag balancer cause it was quicker and my project was dragging on far to long. . There is a fellow on PS nation that did the serp set up successfully.

What ac compressor did you use with the v belt or did you not run one?

ken6881

Reaction score
Well I dove in head first bought a balancer for 40$ off eBay shipped figured it was worth that to just try it and see how it looked

Merc460

Reaction score
What ac compressor did you use with the v belt or did you not run one?

I am running A/C I used a standen compressor from a Cummins M11 it is a V belt compressor. I made a plate in top of the plate where the air compressor would go.You can just see it here to the left
th_IMG_0159_zps8636a21a.png

ken6881

Reaction score
Found a local guy who can get me a pri rebuild kit with sealed power Pistons for 900.

Reaction score
Good find! I'm curious if anyone would have any ideas for a solution to keeping power steering in my 78 with this dt swap? This is the last thing I feel would be a big hurdle to plan for

ken6881

Reaction score
My dt has a power steering pump built into the timin cover

Merc460

Reaction score
I also used the DT power steering pump, I did however put in a flow control after I blew up my first hydro boost unit.

ken6881

Reaction score
Do you know how much pressure the stock unit puts out? Is there any harm in ******** it and going serpentine with a stock pump

Latest posts

Members online