Best adjustable Trac bar

13farm

Reaction score
What's everyone's opinion on the best trac bar out there to cure death wobble or what is everybody using.

Zmann

Reaction score
I wouldn't hold my breath on the ADJ trac bar being a cure all for the death wobble
I like PMF's options

Zmann

Reaction score
oh and your really wasting your money buying an adjustable trac bar if your front axle is already centered

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
I think the ball joint at the axle is one of the biggest problems, it allows too much lateral movement even new. I would get a bar that addresses the ball joint. Ouo replacment joint with factory/afternarket, or readylift, wc customs, pmf , baja customs.

Next is adjustable a/link arms to correct caster.

Last edited:

Towerguy

Reaction score
I think the ball joint at the axle is one of the biggest problems, it allows too much lateral movement even new.

You know, I've been thinking the exact same thing lately. I originally bought a PMF bar for my truck and then replaced it with Carli's because I like how they angle the head which keeps the pin more centered, hopefully extending the life of the ball joint. But the more I think about it the more I just don't like the idea of the ball joint at all for the reasons you just mentioned. I think even a fresh joint allows too much lateral movement. Every time the suspension cycles up or down, the pin has to shift from one side to the other before the bar actually takes control of the axle's location. I still have occasional wobble on mine even with the adjustable bar, a fresh balljoint, and caster shims adding caster above factory spec.

capt dong

Reaction score
I have a bd adjustable track bar. My truck is stock height but when i went with bigger wheels the axle shifted a little. It straightened out the thrust angle. It was also an improvement in handling over stock with less jarring and jostling. If there are better track bars id like to hear.

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
Yup Im ordering the ouo replacment ball joint solution to use with with my pure performance (factory replacment style (carli,icon,bd,pmf,pure etc) track bar to eliminate that lateral movement.

13farm

Reaction score
Before I do anything I think I'm gonna file lemon law on my truck with the bbb

Zmann

Reaction score
thats a great start
I hear they pay out fast and let you keep your truck

13farm

Reaction score
thats a great start
I hear they pay out fast and let you keep your truck

Pay out as far as what. The only way I'd be happy is with them paying for an aftermarket part that will fix it and krep it under warranty. I'd love to keep the truck but not dealing with death wobble all the time

Zmann

Reaction score
I was being sarcastic they aren't paying as far as I know

i don't think the balljoint is letting the axle shift as it cycles even though it's at an angle
my truck had bad death wobble when i bought it used a few tweaks on caster and some stabilizers and it has never done it again in over 80,000 miles and
get this I have an 8" lift and the OEM original trac bar with 115,000 miles

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
Yea i wouldnt hold my breath. Acording to the stats you have maybe a 10% chance of being compansated. Id just fix the problem myself and move on.

Last edited:

13farm

Reaction score
I paid 64,000 for a truck to have a warranty and then an additional amount to have a extended warranty. For me to put a 500 dollar part on and then void all warranty on steroids and suspension I don't think so.

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
This is why i buy used. All warranty stuff has been worked out (always chk OASIS). I dont lose 15% of its value driving it off the lot. And i can modify it right away without feeling bad about the warranty. I agree situation sucks. By all means exhaust your dealer side avenues first. Its just a headache for a relitivly easy fix with the right parts. All fords going to do is throw bandaids at it and waist alot of your time.

Last edited:

13farm

Reaction score
Yes your right it does suck. I love the truck but just can't stand driving around not knowing when it's going to happen. Coming from a dealer prospective working as a mechanic at a john deere dealership I don't want to be that a$$ that comes in and raises all kind of stink when the dealership can only do what the manufacture let's them do. They have to go by the book to make their money back on warranty and cover their rear.

Zmann

Reaction score
Get an OUO joint and either an Icon or PMF Bar

holy crap that would be pushing a grand

five hundred for this ?/

img-105002_web_2.jpg

Zmann

Reaction score
Op is stock height isn't he ??
I can't see getting all fancified with adjustable trac bars and balljoint eliminators

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.