6.7 carnage

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Well, I talked to a friend of mine today who told me about a 6.7 with bent rods and a windowed block. Truck was running Industrial's twin kit and a set of 100hp injectors.... This was the result.

67LPowerstroke6.jpg

67Lpowerstroke4.jpg

67Lpowerstroke8.jpg

67Lpowerstroke7.jpg

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Hmm so the 6.7 doesn't like powa.

Im on the fence about it. The truck was running a host of aftermarket parts with no seat time by a tuner. Just a standard canned tune. Maybe a custom file makes the difference, maybe it doesn't.... its all speculation.

Notice the wrist pin?

97strokn&smokn

Reaction score
Im on the fence about it. The truck was running a host of aftermarket parts with no seat time by a tuner. Just a standard canned tune. Maybe a custom file makes the difference, maybe it doesn't.... its all speculation.

Notice the wrist pin?[/QUOTE

This brings bacl an old thought off 7.3 tuning wars.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Definitely got the same pictures... Seems like this truck had to of been 600+, i mean ive seen 500hp with just those compounds and fairly stock fueling.

But PMR's dont seem to hold up all that well

INFAMOUS

Reaction score
I was under the impression that that was the first set installed in a truck. The stock CP4 pump has a hard time maintaining rail pressure with tuning alone.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I was under the impression that that was the first set installed in a truck. The stock CP4 pump has a hard time maintaining rail pressure with tuning alone.

Oh your probably right!!! So 550 and the rods let go.... What was fords reasoning for going PMR's anyway?

jdgleason

Reaction score
Forged or not they look to be a pretty small rod. I dont think this motor failed catastrophically just due to the level of power the truck is at... I bet there is a little gremlin somewhere. Either way, I dont think its anywhere near as stout as a 6.4.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
LoL what wrist pin ? Is it a magic trick ?

I was afraid this would be the case as far as max power goes but I didn't think it would be at such a relatively low power level. I thought it would hold up to at least 700 before scattering.

Charles

Reaction score
With as much as went into the bottom end of that engine by ford, I would surely hope to God it would hold more power than that, by a factor of 3!

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Kind of hard to blend all the 6.7s into this category, one could be a fluke.... but this will definitely keep me away from the 6.7 for the time being.

My 7.3 held up better with stock bottom end

Latest posts

Members online