6.0 EBP trouble

Hunterhewi

Reaction score
Alright guys i have a 2004 6.0. Mods include livewire TS tuner, EGR delete, 190cc injectors, garrett powermax turbo, 5" exhaust. Truck keeps losing EBP sensors. Had the stock one short out and melt. The new one ran ok but the shop broke the connector. New pigtail and sensor the truck ran better than ever and sounded like a whole new truck. Ran good for a day or 2 now its back to no power. Ease in on throttle and just rolls black smoke but goes nowhere. Then at times it runs better, but dont sound or run anywhere near like it did that day or 2 after the new EBP sensor and pigtail. Ive dumped a ton into this truck and aant it running at full potential. Anyone have any ideas as to whats going on??? Would love yalls help on gettin this dude up and running. When it was rinning that day man it sure had some balls!!!

ghohouston

Reaction score
have you made sure the tube, and the fitting in the exhaust manifold are clean as well? are these new, ford brand sensors being installed? the powermax is a vgt, correct? have you inspected the vgt solenoid harness (sometimes the wires insulation will get brittle and break off, allowing wires to touch)? do you, or have you ever had a leaking degas bottle, that dripped alot of coolant onto the ebp sensor/harness?

Hunterhewi

Reaction score
Tube and fitting have been pulled and cleaned.im guessin gord sensors as the dealer put them on. Powermax is a vgt turbo. Had a blown radiator hose a couple weeks ago on the first sensor right at the neck by the thermostat. Wires all look good. New pigtail and sensor installed after blown radiator hose

Hunterhewi

Reaction score
On the tuner moniter the EBP will read 43.75 and it runs decent then once it comes out of that and starts reading pressures thats when it is just gutless. All i know after the second new sensor and pigtail the truck was a complete beast for bout 2 days. Now its actin up again

Mdub707

Reaction score
Could probably get your tuner to write you a tune that doesn't reference the EPB sensor anymore, since some of the strategies were like that. That'd eliminate it as an issue all together I'd imagine...

Hunterhewi

Reaction score
I didnt know they could write a tune that dont reference that? I will definately check into that!

Latest posts

Members online