Paint matched and light bar

millermwd

Reaction score
Got my bumpers paint matched and a new grill surround, paramount grill center section and a 40" led light bar in the bumper. I'm very pleased with how it came out. Now I need some good looking headlights from absolute

Looks dope man you ever thought about having 2 40s in the lower section i know some ppl do that...

what are your specs on truck a 8in on 37s?

02bigstrokin

Reaction score
Did you have to do anything special, other than removing the tow hooks, to mount the 40" in the bumper?

The tow hooks have to be cut off. They can't just be removed as they are part of the bumper mount. Other then that no I didn't do anything special. The feet that came with my light worked for me. They landed right between the two bumper mounting bolts on each side.

02bigstrokin

Reaction score
Looks dope man you ever thought about having 2 40s in the lower section i know some ppl do that...

what are your specs on truck a 8in on 37s?

Thanks, yeah originally I wanted to do the dual 40" bars and maybe one day I might but I thought about it like this.... It's a lot of money to put into light bars not to be able to use them that often really. Doing the duals would be a lot more work. Bumper brackets would have to be completely redone. At this point it just wasn't worth it to me. Truck has 8" lift 22x14 motos and 37 nittos.

millermwd

Reaction score
Here's what my headlights look like just to show you one combo.
8erujaqu.jpg

Who does this like what company for the painted headlights?

millermwd

Reaction score
Thanks, yeah originally I wanted to do the dual 40" bars and maybe one day I might but I thought about it like this.... It's a lot of money to put into light bars not to be able to use them that often really. Doing the duals would be a lot more work. Bumper brackets would have to be completely redone. At this point it just wasn't worth it to me. Truck has 8" lift 22x14 motos and 37 nittos.

damn so you gotta cut them didnt want that maybe the 1 40'' will do for now too haha and more pics?
your rig looks clean!!

1bad6.7

Reaction score
Hey what mount did you use to put the rigid 40" bar there? I looked everywhere for the mounts.

carter38

Reaction score

What light bar did you go with?

tms217

Reaction score
Looks good! Did you paint the chrome surround or buy a new surround to paint? Thinking about painting mine as well, but don't know which is easiest/better way to go.

Alex340

Reaction score
Looks good! Did you paint the chrome surround or buy a new surround to paint? Thinking about painting mine as well, but don't know which is easiest/better way to go.

I bought a paint to match grille surround off ebay for $150 shipped. I don't think you can paint the plastic chrome OEM one. But not positive either. Instead of hassling with it I just bought one

02bigstrokin

Reaction score
Yeah I bought a new surround and had it painted. Had the chrome bumpers blasted first then painted. The light bar I have is not a rigid. It's a promaxx. We sell them at my work and have as good luck with them and they are a third the price of rigids. I am by no way knocking rigids, I think they are the nicest lights but for what I'll do with the light I couldn't justify it.

tms217

Reaction score
I bought a paint to match grille surround off ebay for $150 shipped. I don't think you can paint the plastic chrome OEM one. But not positive either. Instead of hassling with it I just bought one

Were you happy with the quality? Do you have a link to the seller/auction?

Latest posts

Members online