6.7 GT4094 Powermax Turbo Install

Mpoage

Reaction score
they took the tsd extra cab from 12.40's to 11.90's in one fail swoop ! that included the early lockup that Bentley figured out with chris at tsd . huge difference. the 6.7 has made solid repeatable power but was never showing it at the track until this new trans stuff. my truck is MUCH faster with the early lockup.

I knew the tsd truck benefited greatly from it. I was just curious about his since it's heavier and probably not making as much power. I know when I try and launch in second gear it's a real turd off of the line. It definitely takes some good power to make it worthwhile.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
they took the tsd extra cab from 12.40's to 11.90's in one fail swoop ! that included the early lockup that Bentley figured out with chris at tsd . huge difference. the 6.7 has made solid repeatable power but was never showing it at the track until this new trans stuff. my truck is MUCH faster with the early lockup.
in the stock files, do the 6r's stay locked or do they lock and unlock? I have read both ways and I cant pick them apart while cruising around in mine...

live life full throttle

dseitler

Reaction score
That's why I was saying I'm not sure how I'm going to get there. I understand the S400 but I just not sure if I would loose my quick spool or not. Need to hear some reports and see a few videos of trucks running larger tires and higher gears. The larger shaft and bearing is designed for it no doubt. I'm in talks now about having a S300 67.7/74/.91 built before I go to the S400.

RedRice589

Reaction score
48lbs !
Holy shnikies

That make you nervous?

I looking for 55 but not sure yet how to get there.

S400

in the stock files, do the 6r's stay locked or do they lock and unlock? I have read both ways and I cant pick them apart while cruising around in mine...

live life full throttle

I know mine will just lock in mid rpm and I'll blow through it at WOT.

That's why I was saying I'm not sure how I'm going to get there. I understand the S400 but I just not sure if I would loose my quick spool or not. Need to hear some reports and see a few videos of trucks running larger tires and higher gears. The larger shaft and bearing is designed for it no doubt. I'm in talks now about having a S300 67.7/74/.91 built before I go to the S400.

Only way to know is to do it... :rockon:

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score

live life full throttle

Like RedRice said. Mine would lock in around 3rd sometimes 2nd just cruising but if you floor it it was almost instant unlock. WOT on a 1/4 mile it won't lock at all.

It felt like there was a lot of power not getting to ground which was always frustrating.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Like RedRice said. Mine would lock in around 3rd sometimes 2nd just cruising but if you floor it it was almost instant unlock. WOT on a 1/4 mile it won't lock at all.

It felt like there was a lot of power not getting to ground which was always frustrating.
that makes sense.. and sucks...

live life full throttle

RedRice589

Reaction score
you slip your converter at wot?

live life full throttle

Oh yea. Of I manually shift it once it tells me the converter is locked it'll hold most of the time.

Yep I made 3 passes down the strip when I left in drive it ran a 14.7 and didn't even seem to shift just said it did. Lol

When I launched in 2nd the next passes I run a 14.44 and a 14.43 (all full weight with 35's and a ranch hand.) and it locked the converter in every gear.

that makes sense.. and sucks...

live life full throttle

Yes indeed I have to roll into it easy and the even it'll unlock it but normally just on a bumpy road. I think it's traction control sometimes.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Yep I made 3 passes down the strip when I left in drive it ran a 14.7 and didn't even seem to shift just said it did. Lol

When I launched in 2nd the next passes I run a 14.44 and a 14.43 (all full weight with 35's and a ranch hand.) and it locked the converter in every gear.

Yep my best pass was 14.2 on 35 MTs leaving in 4hi on 15lbs. Didn't lock and when it shifts it doesn't even change rpm. Really pissed my buddy off who has a built Duramax reg cab short bed and ran 13.8 on Nitto 420s hahahah

Whenever I get my trans from Elite I'd like to get a tune that locks it in sooner and holds. Looks like it helps a lot according to what I'm reading here. I'll definitely be posting up times from the strip whenever I get it back together to compare to other setups. Hopefully it's back together before the strip closes for the season.

Good to know theres a cure out there.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
That must not be a very "built" dmax lol

that was what i was thinking as well

oh I only said "built" because he likes to say it is... trust me its not built at all. Only thing built on it is his 3rd transmission. Half the chit in the truck doesn't work. He was just pissed off when he rode in mine and was almost as fast and a way bigger truck. He thinks he'll beat me even with this turbo kit. He's in for a rude awakening.

Best part was when he said "that really chaps my ass" so I turned on the cooled seats for him LOL

dseitler

Reaction score
If anyone is interested I posted some of the 6.7 Turbo Kit parts I don't need anymore along with a Turbo. All you would need would be a exhaust down pipe and the Intercooler piping and you would have a kit.

Latest posts

Members online