Painting grill and tailgate platinum

bruce65trojan

Reaction score
IMG_2947.jpg

IMG_2953.jpg

IMG_2954.jpg

You can see the door handle pull flap I guess you can call it laying in the middle of the mess under the ford emblems,

IMG_2003.jpg

IMG_2017.jpg

IMG_2094.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

Jordan could you give me some insight about how you mounted the lights behind the bars on the grille, I really Like that look!

Jassman

Reaction score
Screw the truck...is that your house? LOL

Yes..I just happen to know a real good contractor, and I hear he likes powerstrokeArmy, cool diesel trucks, muscle cars, and fast boats as hobbies..lol.

on the serious side..lol. The grill and tailgate was not hard to paint..cost was about 450.00 and turned out awesome. The only tough part was the taping of the 2 part Platinum tailgate cause I left the center section in chrome. The 2 piece pinstripe masked the slight bleed through...just my way of doing it, I'm certain it could be done other ways. If you double tap that pic you might be able to see this. I know the painter mentioned if it were painted solid it would have been cheaper and easier. Like most said if you wrap.. it wont be perfect in color or in my case in Tuxedo Black it wouldn't have that multi colored metallic in it.

Attachments

• photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_0138.JPG
    IMG_0138.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 153
  • FullSizeRender (2).jpg
    FullSizeRender (2).jpg
    934.5 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:

Jomax

Reaction score
Yes..I just happen to know a real good contractor, and I hear he likes powerstrokeArmy, cool diesel trucks, muscle cars, and fast boats as hobbies..lol.

on the serious side..lol. The grill and tailgate was not hard to paint..cost was about 450.00 and turned out awesome. The only tough part was the taping of the 2 part Platinum tailgate cause I left the center section in chrome. The 2 piece pinstripe masked the slight bleed through...just my way of doing it, I'm certain it could be done other ways. If you double tap that pic you might be able to see this. I know the painter mentioned if it were painted solid it would have been cheaper and easier. Like most said if you wrap.. it wont be perfect in color or in my case in Tuxedo Black it wouldn't have that multi colored metallic in it.

I Wana be like you when I grow up. Slick home!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Jassman

Reaction score
I Wana be like you when I grow up. Slick home!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Thanks..LOL..NO YOU DON'T!! I'm a nobody..just a hard working guy that loves life, my family, friends, and toys in that order..

sootie

Reaction score

if i had your money-i'd burn mine.

even the tag...talk about rubbing it in LOL

Jassman

Reaction score
LOL. Hey man...your dog wants to go for a golf cart ride.

Hell..he almost drives the cart by himself..lol Its like that just about every night..a couple of High Lifes, then down to the duck pond.

mattmal9

Reaction score
Like most said if you wrap.. it wont be perfect in color or in my case in Tuxedo Black it wouldn't have that multi colored metallic in it.

When you got the pieces painted, was the painter able to match the metallic of the factory paint or is it just close?

Jassman

Reaction score
When you got the pieces painted, was the painter able to match the metallic of the factory paint or is it just close?

he did a good job..you can see the multi colors and it looks great by me. There's really nothing to compare it to back there.

JakesDiesel

Reaction score
where do you get the black 'Platinum' letters?? Been looking everywhere for these.. or do you have to order a chrome set and have them painted??

Latest posts

Members online