Question for the NGauge users

GUZZI GUY FLORIDA

Reaction score
Hi guys, i am new to this forum and am very excited in becoming an active member. I have a 2015 250 platinum and just pulled the trigger on an NGauge with 5inch flo pro, absolute performance egr kit, absolute performance intake and absolute performance ccv kit.
My question is this. Considering i am a self admitted computer imbecile and can only do the most basic of functions on one, will the whole loading of tunes to my NGauge and then into my truck be an issue? i have a mac computer which means i have to get a basic windows laptop to do this which isn't a problem. They are rather inexpensive i see but the actual process of uploading and down loading of the tunes. Is it considered a fairly simple task? Your replies would be most appreciated.

Thanks

higherlife

Reaction score
Yes, the majority of it is quite simple and can be done on a Mac. A lot of copying and pasting files in certain folders on the micro sd. Only time you need a pc or Windows software is when they do an update which has been twice since the release.

GUZZI GUY FLORIDA

Reaction score
oh cool, i was thinking i had to go out and buy a cheap laptop to pull this whole thing off. so how does it work? Do they send me an email with the tunes in it and i open the email and down load it into the gauge then upload it into my truck? also don't i have to remove my original stock program and store it somewhere?
Heck i don't know how any of this works it seems. lol

higherlife

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, for the quick response tunes, they posted a link to their website to download the tunes. The shift on the fly tunes were sent via email. I guess it all depends. You do not have to pull your stock tune but you will provide them with information pertaining to your truck when you sign up on their website and get your initial tunes.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
its not that often you will need a PC to do things on. Just borrow a buddies or family's when you need to. Or I run VM ware fusion on my Mac that allows me to run windows on it. I have used it with my H&S and MCC so I would think it would work with the N gauge as well

GUZZI GUY FLORIDA

Reaction score
thanks higherlife. thanks whynot. for your responses. the scary thing is that the suggestions that you gave me whynot, the vm fusion ware thing. i have no idea what that means!! lol. i just learned how to cut and paste. i am old this is all magic to me. that is why i was worried about being able to load this ******* thing in my truck with out damaging the ecm. i know its embarrassing but hey. its the truth

GUZZI GUY FLORIDA

Reaction score
yes it is. i was doing research and it looked like their tunes would be perfect for what i want. Now if i can just figure out how to get them in my truck with out having to buy a few new ECM"s in the process. lol

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
yes it is. i was doing research and it looked like their tunes would be perfect for what i want. Now if i can just figure out how to get them in my truck with out having to buy a few new ECM"s in the process. lol

cool. there have been rumors of others passing of ngauge as s p a r t a n , and not really being that tuning .

GUZZI GUY FLORIDA

Reaction score
oh no, if anything i was insistent on having ******* tunes and to be honest i took it for granted that gauge was a "******* thing" only. i should have been more clear, sorry. so in your opinion is it rather easy to down load tunes on to the Ngauge and then upload them in to my truck?.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
oh no, if anything i was insistent on having ******* tunes and to be honest i took it for granted that gauge was a "******* thing" only. i should have been more clear, sorry. so in your opinion is it rather easy to down load tunes on to the Ngauge and then upload them in to my truck?.

your tuner will come with instructions for you to contact s p a r t a n , and the waiver etc necessary to proceed.

Latest posts

Members online