Code Reader

Lugger007

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a code reader, I know a lot of you use your tuners to read the codes. I used the search function, but didn't find much.

In the past I've gone to auto zone but their a hassle lately so looking to buy a reader to see what code recently popped up. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a code reader, I know a lot of you use your tuners to read the codes. I used the search function, but didn't find much.

In the past I've gone to auto zone but their a hassle lately so looking to buy a reader to see what code recently popped up. Any suggestions would be appreciated

If you are just looking to pull DTCs and monitor basic pids a Edge CTS, dashdaq or similar will do the job, if you looking to do alittle more in-depth and have a windows laptop AE (Auto Enginuity) does a excellent job for the DIY'er.

With the ford enhanced package works on all fords 1996-present and will pull enhanced data that your regular old generic (tuner/code reader won't.)

Lugger007

Reaction score
If you are just looking to pull DTCs and monitor basic pids a Edge CTS, dashdaq or similar will do the job, if you looking to do alittle more in-depth and have a windows laptop AE (Auto Enginuity) does a excellent job for the DIY'er.

With the ford enhanced package works on all fords 1996-present and will pull enhanced data that your regular old generic (tuner/code reader won't.)

Thank you. I'll look into those suggestions now.
Currently I'm just looking to see what the code is that popped up, fix the issue then clear the code.

ckrueg

Reaction score
For pretty cheap you can get a bluetooth OBDII adapter and use the torque app. That should read your codes and even monitor some basic data.

My09Ride

Reaction score
Please be gentle! I've heard good thing about Auto Enginuity. How hard is it to learn, and not mess up a PCM?

Latest posts

Members online