2015 BDS 4" 4-Link question

zack birge

Reaction score
I currently have the lift in the title with Fox 2.0 shocks and full rear leaf packs. I want to go back to stock height and just level the truck.

Is it possible to retain the 4 link bars of the kit and go back to stock with everything else? I'm not certain it will work, I'm thinking they might me a little long.

Or if anyone is interested in swapping for complete stock suspension shoot me a message please.

Notneb

Reaction score
I currently have the lift in the title with Fox 2.0 shocks and full rear leaf packs. I want to go back to stock height and just level the truck.

Is it possible to retain the 4 link bars of the kit and go back to stock with everything else? I'm not certain it will work, I'm thinking they might me a little long.

Or if anyone is interested in swapping for complete stock suspension shoot me a message please.

No you cannot go back to stock with a BDS 4-link. The first reason is as you've already stated, too long they will bind at stock height. The second is that to go back to stock you need the stock radius arm brackets, which are removed through cold chiseling them off the frame when you do the 4-link install.

So to go to stock, you'd have to find stock radius arm brackets and have someone rivet them back in place.

Notneb

Reaction score
Why do you have to rivit them? Bolting it back on shouldn't make a difference.

Because that's not stock. Bolted in stock brackets would be a major issue if he was ever in a crash. With an aftermarket system that is designed with bolts, it's on them if it fails catastrophically. If he bolts the brackets and gets in an accident, especially if another motorist/pedestrian is involved, he has no leg to stand on legally speaking.

Would it work? Yes. Just don't see the point in saving money now, if it could cost me later.

OP, another thing you could do is see if PMF/OUO has some radius arm brackets that you can use to bolt the factory radius arm back in. That way you're covered and stock height. And if not they can point you in the right direction.

Last edited:

zack birge

Reaction score
Because that's not stock. Bolted in stock brackets would be a major issue if he was ever in a crash. With an aftermarket system that is designed with bolts, it's on them if it fails catastrophically. If he bolts the brackets and gets in an accident, especially if another motorist/pedestrian is involved, he has no leg to stand on legally speaking.

Would it work? Yes. Just don't see the point in saving money now, if it could cost me later.

OP, another thing you could do is see if PMF/OUO has some radius arm brackets that you can use to bolt the factory radius arm back in. That way you're covered and stock height. And if not they can point you in the right direction.

Yeah I'm waiting on a call back from Trevor tomorrow. Was gonna see if they could get creative. I think I have a gameplan to get what I'm looking out of it though if not!

Thanks for the help!