2011-2015 Turbo discussion thread

Cheap6.7

Reaction score
Morgan, or any guys that are just running a StreetMax and '15 pump, are you seeing any issues with other parts? Thinking this is where I'm going with my truck over the winter. Don't want a crazy hp truck, just a nice reliable daily driver. My truck currently is fully dereeted and canned tunes on the SCT.

Thanks for any help.

No issues here other than I want more power now....

peont

Reaction score
So at what horsepower are you on borrowed time with the stock internals of the engine? The reason I am asking is because I been looking at the StreetmaxR and the Barder 6670 setups. I am going to add H&S dual fueler and lpfp for whatever turbo setup I go with but keep stock internals.

Reaction score
Has anyone tried a 6670R WITHOUT dual fuelers, or is that a complete waste?

Yes, plenty have them with a single pump. If you plan on more in the future it's ok. Otherwise the only gain will be sound.

i think its a good bit more turbo than stock fuel could use, but maybe morgan can confirm.

Stock "2015" fuel is good for around 600 on most dyno's. You can over turbo it and still only gonna make that same power. So yeah.

I can see them making similar power since both provide more air than the fuel can use, but I wonder if the 6670 would be more sluggish and slower spooling.

Similar power. Both spool well. But you do give up some cruising egt's and tip in response with the bigger charger.

i'd say to a point yes, but a turbine is a turbine. the barder will spoool slower. i think if you dont have a plan for dual fuel in the immediate future , its alot left on the table in spool and money .

This^

So once the duel fuelers or other system that someone uses to up the fuel for the 6670; what is the hp gain over the streetmax R? If that makes sense? So if you can get w/o fuel 650 with the SM-R, is it worth the extra $1700 for the 6670 as well as $3500 conservatively for duel fuelers to only gain 50-100 at most rwhp? Thanks!

The dyno's we've been using are showing 540 stock 15 charger and pump, 600 with 65.5 and 650 with 65.5 and added fuel. On average.

6670 and fuel probably good for 700 ish. Built engine ported heads bigger injectors we've seen 750.

If that helps.

The StreetmaxR should be in the 650 range with fuel, or roughly 50 more than on '15 fuel. The 6670 should get you to about 750 with fuel. If you're buying the extra fuel anyway...may as well go with the 6670. Just my opinion, but I could see a case for staying with the StreetmaxR, since it won't make enough power to satisfactorily destroy internals and the 6670 is pushing the hell outta that limit.

Yep.

With aggressive fueling and poor driving habits, either can spit rods... But then again so can a s366 or stock charger.

"with fuel" is a very loose term. Not gonna hit 750 with a 6670R on stock nozzles...

Not on most dyno's. Some on the east coast may..

Morgan, or any guys that are just running a StreetMax and '15 pump, are you seeing any issues with other parts? Thinking this is where I'm going with my truck over the winter. Don't want a crazy hp truck, just a nice reliable daily driver. My truck currently is fully dereeted and canned tunes on the SCT.

Thanks for any help.

Only real "weakest link" is the Trans. Which at some point will give up. But we have plenty of fixes for that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JRLott

Reaction score
"with fuel" is a very loose term. Not gonna hit 750 with a 6670R on stock nozzles...

Well, yeah. You can only get so much fuel through a given orifice. Thought we were talking about turbo capabilities.

JRLott

Reaction score
With aggressive fueling and poor driving habits, either can spit rods... But then again so can a s366 or stock charger.

I would love a StreetmaxR, but I'd probably need a built motor. I should probably be driving my tow tune now, since I drive like a dipsh!t. Hard to put the genie back in the bottle, though.

Reaction score
I would love a StreetmaxR, but I'd probably need a built motor. I should probably be driving my tow tune now, since I drive like a dipsh!t. Hard to put the genie back in the bottle, though.

I have guys that I have tuned with stock engines and Trans dual pumps and 65.5's with good luck. Just have to tune accordingly.

peont

Reaction score
Morgan how are the trucks running the barder 6670R on a stock engine holding up? Will I need to build my engine or transmission to handle the horsepower that the barder 6670R is capable of?

Reaction score
Morgan how are the trucks running the barder 6670R on a stock engine holding up? Will I need to build my engine or transmission to handle the horsepower that the barder 6670R is capable of?

Just fine. You do need tuning specifically for that turbo. Had a guy running standard 2015 tunes with really aggressive low end fueling and the incorrect vane position knock the rods out of one a month or two ago. They don't operate like a 15 charger. About as bad as running a 15 charger on 11-14 stock turbo tunes.

bpan

Reaction score
So what is a 11 pump going to run on a 65.5? 5 50 is before running out of fuel?

FordPSD64

Reaction score
I think maybe sometime beginning of the year I'm gonna pull the trigger on a streetmax. Seems like the best bet for stock fuel on a 15. I'm not trying to get crazy, just want a tad more.

2015 f250
NL S2 Intake, egr ******, CCV re route
5" exhaust
H&S pipe
Gear head tunes

doo dah

Reaction score
So what is the Industrial single turbo? Best I can tell it is s300? I am looking to upgrade fuel with both LPFP and either '15 HPFP or duals if the turbo would gain anything over just the '15 pump. I'd like 600 reliable and stop the insanity until I get a single cab to play with. I have 2012 with II single kit and stock fuel, GH tunes on a MM.

vader6.7

Reaction score
For a DD looking for about 600 at the wheels, never towing, but maximizing fuel efficiency would it better to do a modded '15 swap or a 64.5SXE? Yes, I know it has a lot to do with tuning and driving style. I'm just asking for a general response assuming proper tuning and average driving.

Latest posts

Members online