6.7L Carnage - Testing the limits

3brorce

Reaction score
Number is a little high for a stock fueled truck thats for sure if it is stock fuel.

swinky

Reaction score
my '11 ram has quite a few mods, hit 677 hp on ATS dyno, also running one of their stage IV 68RFEs and an Aurora 5000 71mm turbo. The HUGE difference I am seeing between the ford and ram is the interior comfort, my ram is a laramie with all the bells, but my lariat ultimate is FAR more comfortable. Seats are better than the '11 Denali Dmax HD I had a few years back.

Have any track times for the dodge?

powerstrokedub

Reaction score
Does it even get to 6th before the end of the 1/4? lol. Probably right at the traps she hits 6th or lockup.

Yes, but mine also locks in 2nd gear unlike most ;)

my '11 ram has quite a few mods, hit 677 hp on ATS dyno, also running one of their stage IV 68RFEs and an Aurora 5000 71mm turbo. The HUGE difference I am seeing between the ford and ram is the interior comfort, my ram is a laramie with all the bells, but my lariat ultimate is FAR more comfortable. Seats are better than the '11 Denali Dmax HD I had a few years back.

Good numbers out of your truck, it's the white quad cab correct? I have been keeping mine just shy of 800hp for fear of the connecting rods, but I may build a dyno MCC file that takes the power a bit further just for kicks. The interior of the new Super Duty is awesome though, I want a Platinum so bad my teeth hurt!

Last edited:

highdrum

Reaction score
Number is a little high for a stock fueled truck thats for sure if it is stock fuel.

Running an II 130% over CP3 and 100 hp wicked nozzles

Have any track times for the dodge?

Never ran it on a track

What was uncorrected number?

corrected for the 5250' elevation to my knowledge

I hear they have new co-pilot programming out, lockup in all gears, thinking about giving them a call. I have high egts on the truck for some reason though, I think the altitude has something to do with it, but 1000* at 70 mph running 1600 rpms is pretty hot, I have seen it as high as 1800 for very short periods of time.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score

Never ran it on a track

corrected for the 5250' elevation to my knowledge

I hear they have new co-pilot programming out, lockup in all gears, thinking about giving them a call. I have high egts on the truck for some reason though, I think the altitude has something to do with it, but 1000* at 70 mph running 1600 rpms is pretty hot, I have seen it as high as 1800 for very short periods of time.

Yeah new co pilot has been out, pretty good investment. What size A/R turbine housing are you running? I have this same turbo but haven't installed it yet, I have the .90 T4.

highdrum

Reaction score
I am running that same configuration, .90 T4 foot on a steedspeed manifold. You'll be very surprised how well it spools for a 71mm!

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I am running that same configuration, .90 T4 foot on a steedspeed manifold. You'll be very surprised how well it spools for a 71mm!

Mines going on a 6.4, won't spool as good as it does on a 6.7 I'm sure. I'm already running a 66 and it spools pretty well so I'm hoping it won't be any laggier.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
I would say something about this ghey cummins discussion…but the title DOES have "6.7" in it…and I am a fan of the 4th gens too. Carry on lol.

Sent from the Bayou

3brorce

Reaction score

Never ran it on a track

I hear they have new co-pilot programming out, lockup in all gears, thinking about giving them a call.

Just get a manual lockup VB.

highdrum

Reaction score
I am planning on doing a EFR 9180 on the powerstroke, adding an additional CP3 to the mix.

powerstrokedub

Reaction score
Pretty close to the same specs, how does it spool on your 6.4?

Sorry misunderstood you! Mine is on the 6.7L, my 6.4 is stock other than tuning! I would imagine that the 472 will spool well on the 6.4L though, albeit at a slightly higher RPM. Everyone told me that there was no way my 6.7L would spool my 472 up here (Salt Lake City) on stock fuel, and it kicked ass, I had no drivability issues.

powerstrokedub

Reaction score
I would say something about this ghey cummins discussion…but the title DOES have "6.7" in it…and I am a fan of the 4th gens too. Carry on lol.

Sent from the Bayou

aaahheemm it's cumminGs! LOL

Sorry for carrying on about it, I'm happy to take it elsewhere for discussion. For the most part if it makes good power and is a diesel I want to discuss it! haha. I do agree the 4th gens are really nice, but I think I'd still rock a new Super Duty as my first choice in a new pick up. I really love watching what everyone is doing with the new 6.7L Power Stroke, and it's just getting going!

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Sorry misunderstood you! Mine is on the 6.7L, my 6.4 is stock other than tuning! I would imagine that the 472 will spool well on the 6.4L though, albeit at a slightly higher RPM. Everyone told me that there was no way my 6.7L would spool my 472 up here (Salt Lake City) on stock fuel, and it kicked ass, I had no drivability issues.

Gotcha, I hope mine does. But yeah the 6.7C has no issue driving a large single. The few I've done have been a fun ride even the stock fueled ones.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.