carli 4.5" lifts

baddkarmaracing

Reaction score
I need to hear from people who have run this stuff before or at least been in a truck with Carli stuff, currently my truck is lifted 11" and I want to lower it to 4.5" I'm set on using Carli.

the truck is a DD first and foremost but will see time pulling a 38ft 5th wheel trailer probably no more than 6hours one way, and also see time on the beach moving pretty fast. because the truck is a DD I know I want the full rear springs and because it will be pulling the trailer I know I want the long travel air bags. but what I am not sure of is what kit to buy, the options im looking at are the Backcountry, pintop and coil over, obviously the pintop and coil over will both work better off road because of the shocks they use but is the back country going to be bad? are the pintop or coil over kits good on the street? I have been in a pintop equipped dodge and it rode amazing but I have never driven a ford truck with any of their kits on it besides a 2.5" leveling system.

sootie

Reaction score
the backcountry is an awesome kit. i think it will work well for what you want. street manners are superb.

Jomax

Reaction score
I'd rock the pintop, you want to go fast on the beach, is the only reason I'd recommend that vs the back country.

The pintop in the fords ride better then the dodge IMO. You'll love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baddkarmaracing

Reaction score
i talked to some of the guys over at Carli and they recommended the pintop with the full leafs and long travel air bags. so that's my plan!

Clomax

Reaction score
I have the pintop!

I love it!

Attachments

• 20151121_075020[1].jpg
    20151121_075020[1].jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 127

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Carli pin top on mine with full leafs. 22x12 on 35s and still rides amazing.

I've jumped off the road at 50+ and got back on with no problems

baddkarmaracing

Reaction score
im still trying to figure out what to do about wheels also, part of me wants to stick with American forces but then im also thinking Method 17's. cant make up my mind!

smokinstroker

Reaction score
im still trying to figure out what to do about wheels also, part of me wants to stick with American forces but then im also thinking Method 17's. cant make up my mind!

I went through the same thing. Just couldn't bring myself to do it unless I KNEW the ride was going to be that much better.

Pics inbound soon

baddkarmaracing

Reaction score
It is better, but part of me still wants to have bigger wheels some days.

im thinking about keeping the 37's off my jeep and buying a 2nd set of wheels for just this reason, if I feel like rollin on 22's one day I can and then I can switch over to the 17's if I decide to

TripleE44

Reaction score
im thinking about keeping the 37's off my jeep and buying a 2nd set of wheels for just this reason, if I feel like rollin on 22's one day I can and then I can switch over to the 17's if I decide to

I've thought of doing the same thing honestly. Might even satisfy my constant need to change things.

Jomax

Reaction score
It is better, but part of me still wants to have bigger wheels some days.

I'd never get 17s again, way to close to the caliper to get a proper balance, the weights would hit the caliper.

I'm sticking with 18s from now on.

Notneb

Reaction score
I'd never get 17s again, way to close to the caliper to get a proper balance, the weights would hit the caliper.

I'm sticking with 18s from now on.

Yeah, this^^^ The clearance on 18's is tight, can't imagine 17's!

Latest posts

Members online