Traction bars

Mip76

Reaction score
I'm looking to get the best traction bars to eliminate axle wrap and not loose any of the suspension ride. I have full deaver springs on back for 8" lift with no blocks. I was told by deaver that would fix my axle wrap. Well it didn't. So I guess time to spend more money. I have a streetmaxr with 15 pump from Midwest so it does have some added power !! Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

jcain

Reaction score
Have you ever heard Jared @ Midwest talk about OuO products? Pack a lunch...

jcain

Reaction score
I've ran both PMF and OuO bars. Can I tell the difference? No, but neither truck really got put through their paces in all aspects of testing. I have them to stop axle wrap and help with wheel hop. Both products accomplished this. Both bars were quiet in operation and never gave me a reason to dislike either.
Whether or not one limits full droop travel, I'll never know first hand because I don't off-road and I've never found a speedbump that drastic at the mall.

Trevor @ PMF was always helpful and never misleading. Hearing the opinions of the fabricator/owner himself is always reassuring. He never sold me on something I didn't need.

Jared @ OuO has also always been truthful and helpful. He's very passionate about his product and will discuss the differences in great length. Dave @ OuO (owner/engineer) has also personally fielded my calls to answer my technical questions as well.

I have the OuO traction block/bar combo this time and paired up with the air bag setup it's a very OEM configuration.

Pick your poison. Neither one will disappoint you.

Last edited:

Mip76

Reaction score
Ok just watched video on ouo website. Now I'm not sure if that's my problem. My drivers side tire will rub my fender flare when I get on it. So the axle is pushing back on one side. Is that still considered axle wrap or do I have another issue.

CMCx2012

Reaction score
...maybe I should not have sold my brand new OUO bars then? :(

Subbing and will be watching as I inevitably learn from my mistake, lol.

Last edited:

Mip76

Reaction score
Gotcha. Looks like I'll be calling the 2 you mentioned. Thanks for the info.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
OUO is the only way to go.

On 6.7's the Bolt On Kit is 1000.00, in stock with same day shipping. Fully adjustable length so you never have to redrill your frame if you lift, lower, level your truck compared to where it is.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
OUO's will fix your problem for sure. I will never own a truck with out them again. When my truck didn't have them with my 37's when it would down shift pulling my GN I would hear a bad rubbing noise. It turned out to be my axle moving enough to actually hit my mud flaps when the truck down shifted it would rotate the axle the opposite directing with the breaks on enough to hit them. Bars solved it comply. It shifts and just drive way better too. Even my wife noticed a big improvement with them on. When the wife gives you the ok, the stupid parts you bought worked good you know you did well.

Latest posts

Members online