KC Turbo 6.7 Testing Thread

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Well the time has come. KC Turbos is finally getting into the 6.7 powerstroke game. We have gotten so many requests from all of our dealers but we have been so busy with other platforms. We are definitely a little behind because there are already so many great options for the 6.7 guys. But we plan on investing a lot of time/money into making a real game changer for the 6.7 platform.

Baseline Truck is a 2011 F250 CCSB 4x4 with 168,000 miles on it. Was 100% stock when we got it.

f7DAfAGm.jpg

Along the way we plan to do a lot of testing and learning the 6.7 platform to see what works and what doesn't. Let us know if there is something along the way that you would like tested specifically and we can try and test it. We plan to get a lot of before/after dyno numbers and then back everything up at the track.

So far we have just done the basics. "high flow exhaust" and EZ Lynk tuning from Truck Source Diesel (Super Panty Dropper Tune) and Tyrant Diesel. Still has stock air filter and EGR is still in place. Truck runs awesome.

Here is our 100% stock baseline VS "high flow exhaust" and TSD SPD tune

100% stock
358hp
762tq

TSD SPD tune
475hp
1182tq

The TQ on these trucks is INCREDIBLE!!! 1182 ft/lbs of Tq at 1800rpms is A LOT OF FUN! The power just comes on so strong down low.

cIk8PBpl.jpg

Just took a little 500 mile road trip up to the mountains over the weekend. I was pretty impressed with the fuel mileage.

m4XGuK2l.jpg

KCTurbos

Reaction score
In the next few weeks we plan to do a 2015 turbo and pump swap, along with some No Limit goodies.

We are going to first develop the 2015 turbo options (because honestly they are so much easier). If people still feel there is a market then we might try to make some true drop in 2011-2014 options for those interested.

No pipe kit for now... but we plan to get one later and dyno the results to see the difference.

We already have a few designs ready to test on the 2015 turbo platform. Next month we hope to start swapping and getting the results.

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
Charlie,

Is that fuel milage hand calculated? If so, that is REALLY impressive! Makes me rethink a 6.7 for a daily!

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Charlie,

Is that fuel milage hand calculated? If so, that is REALLY impressive! Makes me rethink a 6.7 for a daily!

Yes sir. We used just over 1 full tank, about 25 gallons (sadly seems I can only squeeze 22gallons into the take even when completely empty)

sootie

Reaction score
that lovely torque that comes on so soon is the reason rods exit stage left when much over 700 is made. hopefully when you are developing your turbos you have an excellent tuner with 6.7 experience so you dont destroy your motor prematurely.

Kxc

Reaction score
What can you attribute the low end torque to on 6.7 compared to other platforms ? Head flow ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KCTurbos

Reaction score
that lovely torque that comes on so soon is the reason rods exit stage left when much over 700 is made. hopefully when you are developing your turbos you have an excellent tuner with 6.7 experience so you dont destroy your motor prematurely.

Thanks for the advice. We have fear of rods blowing out the bottom end... but I will be working with the best tuners.

I know everyone references HP #s when it comes to rods even though most readily admit it is the low end torque that causes it... SO is there a "tq number" that anyone should be worried about?

KCTurbos

Reaction score
What can you attribute the low end torque to on 6.7 compared to other platforms ? Head flow ?

I would venture to say that Head flow, cam profile, larger bore, common rail injection, tiny turbo, and the exhaust manifolds in the valley all attribute to the amazing tq on the 6.7

Monotalonawd

Reaction score
I have been following all your turbo progress and developments in the 6.0 section... The increased airfow on a 6.7 will make your works even more worthwhile :D

valvetick

Reaction score
Can't wait to see what you come up with for the 6.7 can I pre order now.....

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Absolutely. I'd buy

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
id be very interested. been thinking of a 15 kit but i don't really want to change a lot cuz i get 20ish mpg on the freeway when im not pounding on it.. im afraid id lose that since most with the 15 stuff are sub 20mpg. not that i drive a 450hp 8500lb truck for mileage but it sure is nice!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
id be very interested. been thinking of a 15 kit but i don't really want to change a lot cuz i get 20ish mpg on the freeway when im not pounding on it.. im afraid id lose that since most with the 15 stuff are sub 20mpg. not that i drive a 450hp 8500lb truck for mileage but it sure is nice!

I get that good and better economy on the hwy in my 2015. Best i have ever gotten was my last tank. On a couple back to back trips to houston to drop off supplies. I have a notebook record and hand calc everything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I get that good and better economy on the hwy in my 2015. Best i have ever gotten was my last tank. On a couple back to back trips to houston to drop off supplies. I have a notebook record and hand calc everything.

oh sweet.. that 1 i have read about over 20.. lol

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
I set the cruise on 75 and hang out in the slow lane. I have 3.31 gears and tiny 32.5 inch tires. I am sure that helps the mpg factor.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.