Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Power Strokes > 6.7 Aftermarket

Old 05-04-2020, 11:29 AM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Default Wiring Harness removal after ecm block off

Hello guys, got the blank ecm connector to plug up the right most connector when looking at the firewall. I am wanting to pull the entire harness related to weight reducing efforts on the passenger side of the truck. Any special tips to getting this off with least effort or fckn things up? thank
2015 F250 platinum, flopro 5", jones turbine 5050xl, polished No Limit intake piping & intercooler, jenny craig, sotf gear hedd tune, Rigid DOT fogs, Chinese 40" radius led, Amp steps, weathertechs, Edge CTS2, titan tank, Dieselsite fuel & coolant filter, Blue ox gooseneck, Hellwig bars, retrofit projectors, Linex plat, Retrax cover,full Carli 2.5" backcountry, Fox 2.0 res shocks, Toyo RT 37", OUO ala, bars, truss, levelers
Old 05-04-2020, 12:40 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

That whole entire harness might weigh a couple pounds?

But if you set on doing it then it's just a matter of doing it. Nothing really to look out for. Just start from the front work your way back
Dana 60 front with rsk kit. 5" blocks in rear. 4:10 on 35s. Blackwater reman 7.3 with arp studs , comp springs. 175/80 pis inj, adrenalin hpop,irate fuel system with fuel lab pump. Borg warner 364.5 fmw with 1.00 a/r housing. EC450 horton electric fan clutch. ZF5 shaker.
--16 f350 ccsb lariat 6.7 tuned and D-leted!!😈
--15 VW passatt TDI sport. Tuned and D leted 6 speed
Old 05-04-2020, 03:42 PM
Major
Member's Gallery

Is it it's own harness?? I didn't commit to memory since most of those bundles are interwoven to a certain degree. I thought I was lucky to get the DEF harness out of there. The main connector is on the left side while it runs over to the right. SO that would say there's a portion of the emissions harness that splits and runs to the ***/SCR, then runs to the DEF tank area.
Old 05-04-2020, 07:37 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Haven’t done so but heard the inner connection closet to engine is what’s removable.
Old 05-12-2020, 06:00 PM
Major
Member's Gallery

Sure you can disconnect the PCM connector, but remove that connector and wire bundle thru out the whole truck harness?? The DEF tank is one one side, ***/SCR on the other.....that emissions bundle splits somewhere near the motor.
Old 05-13-2020, 04:56 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

haven't attempted it yet, I have been doing brake work on my days off. I'll try to get on it asap and post some pics.
2015 F250 platinum, flopro 5", jones turbine 5050xl, polished No Limit intake piping & intercooler, jenny craig, sotf gear hedd tune, Rigid DOT fogs, Chinese 40" radius led, Amp steps, weathertechs, Edge CTS2, titan tank, Dieselsite fuel & coolant filter, Blue ox gooseneck, Hellwig bars, retrofit projectors, Linex plat, Retrax cover,full Carli 2.5" backcountry, Fox 2.0 res shocks, Toyo RT 37", OUO ala, bars, truss, levelers