No high end power

jordysoso

Reaction score
So the truck in my sig for two weeks now accelerates fine in town. Getting on highway and accelerating to pass, no balls. Boost won't go above 30 psi, no codes/CEL/MIL, new air filter, 600 miles on oil change, fuel filters have maybe 2000 miles on them. VGT actuator working perfectly fine. Anyone have any ideas?

jordysoso

Reaction score
Bellows look fine, no soot on firewall. Reflashed tune and still same thing. Intercooler boots all checked over, no cracks or leaks. Will check EBP sensor and MAP sensor. EBP sensor currently tapped into block off plate on EGR supply pipe coming off up pipe.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Bellows look fine, no soot on firewall. Reflashed tune and still same thing. Intercooler boots all checked over, no cracks or leaks. Will check EBP sensor and MAP sensor. EBP sensor currently tapped into block off plate on EGR supply pipe coming off up pipe.
Check for a plugged map sensor port in the intake as well. Seen quite a few plugged aside from a very small hole. They would run decent at times, other times would suck ass.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

jordysoso

Reaction score
Pulled MAP, IAT, EBP sensors, cleaned them no different. MAP is reading 14-16 at idle, IAT is on par with the second IAT reading from the MAF sensor. EBP remains stuck at 140 with no variation when prior I was getting accurate EGTs off that sensor. Going to buy all the sensors and replace them and see what happens. With all the gunk build up in the intake manifold, what are the pros and cons to CCV mod to prevent further buildup? Still no codes/MIL/CEL either. The EBP sensor is off of a 6.7 that was put in when I had my ******s done. They explained to me that the 6.7 pipe and sensor is less prone to issues than the 6.4 set up. I've had it on for two years with no problems until now

Last edited:

jordysoso

Reaction score
Swapped IAT, MAP, EBP sensors, no bueno. Going to replace the sensor in the passenger up pipe next. After this, where should I look? How often do the HP turbos fail? What are tell tale signs? My first turbo is fine. Just wondering if the second could be the culprit being the boost isn't going above 30psi

jordysoso

Reaction score
Vgt cycles as it should. Driving around I even checked vgt % and it was moving appropriately with throttle input as far as I know. I really don't have any numbers to work off of

jordysoso

Reaction score
What is base voltage for the EBP/other sensors? My EBP is pulling 4.7 volts

Also anyone know vgt % for various throttle positions? I'd like to compare to mine to see if I have a creeping vgt actuator failure.

Last edited:

jordysoso

Reaction score
Found the ebp info in the Bible, still nothing on vgt%. Btw this all seems to have started shortly after my oil change. With my oil change, like an idiot I didn't remove the old oring and placed the new oring over top, so it wouldn't seat all the way down. At the time I figured what I thought was one oring was just stretched and cold causing the failure to seat. A week before posting my initial post, I found the second oring, went and bought a new filter and oring, removed the two old orings and filter, inserted the new filter and the new oring (only one this time, the right way). I also realized I miscalculated the amount of oil put in, needing to drain 2 quarts out to get it to the right level. I had about 200 miles on the oil change prior to correcting my two screwups. These two oversights hopefully will help some to help me if they matter or not, figured I'd give them as collateral anyway.

Last edited:

jordysoso

Reaction score
So I tried to replace the egt sensor on passenger side up pipe, it's not budging. Soaked it in wd40 after letting it em up in my driveway for about 20 mins. Anyone have any ideas how to get that sensor out of the bung?

ghohouston

Reaction score
Use penetrating oil, not w.d.40. Beyond that, run the engine and get that sensor hot before trying to break it loose. Beyond that, you need to BREAK it loose, not just pull on it with a wrench. Crap like that loves to round off when you dont BREAK it free

jordysoso

Reaction score
Thanks I'll give it a go when I get some time. I worry about pulling the threads too. What are the chances of the thing breaking off vs pulling the threads or rounding the head?

ghohouston

Reaction score
I've had both happen. Only had 1 pull the threads though. That can always be fixed with a heli coil, or weld a new bung on. Or buy a new up pipe. They can be done cab on

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
You can cur the qirea off and use a socket on the sensor as well. Use a 6 pt one to keep the chances of rounding it down.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

jordysoso

Reaction score
Thanks fellas, getting my ranger brake lines replaced so the f250 can be down Incase I f*** something up. I'll try heating it up after pulling the wheel well cover, then disconnecting the sensor and cutting the wire to fit the socket on. Recommend by hand or air ratchet?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.