SD Throttle Pedal Assy in OBS?

Reaction score
So I had a 2000 SD throttle pedal in my hand the other day and just for fun held it up next to (the still bolted in place) 96 pedal.

It appeared the TPS is the same but the OBS has an actual Micro brand quality IVS. I'm sure I could come up with a micro switch that would work less the plug, would have to alter the wires.

So then I though why not the complete pedal. It appears the firewall bolt pattern could be the same. Once again the IVS has a different connector and appears cheap compared to the OBS.

I generally have a spare part in the truck for anything you could install on the road. Currently running the original throttle so time to get this one behind the seat. Generally I install new parts on the truck while the older parts are functioning fine and are then good known spares, breakdown prevented and spare created.

Anyone try a complete SD throttle or components?

old man dave

Reaction score
Its been done because the OBS IVS is not available.

The TPS is available on the aftermarket and I think the Standard brand resistance values match the Ford TPS the best. Dorman, as usual, is way off from factory values.

I think the SD TPS has a different plug. The part number is different between the two TPS.

At first Dorman had two different part numbers and the TPS's were different. The last one I got, the OBS part number for the TPS had the SD part in it.

Last edited:

old man dave

Reaction score
Dave

I think awhile back, there was a post on a replacement micro switch for IVS use that was available. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Billy T.
[email protected]

There was a supplier(s) who had the original manufacturer (Cutler-Hammer) make at least two batches of the IVS switch, exact duplicate including the mounting bracket and Ford molded in insignia. But that's getting to be quite awhile ago.

The IVS appears to be just a microswitch so maybe somebody cross-referenced the part to a standard microswitch?

Reaction score
The micro switch itself looks common to me. Looks like a Cummins Jake brake switch except the screw terminals. I guess if cutting the ford plug off and putting ring terminals on didn't bother it would be fine.....Have to verify of course.

Latest posts

Members online