No HPOP pressure

haligen

Reaction score
New pump and she's alive again. Still not running right, got a good bit of blowby and white/blue smoke out the exhaust but at least she's running. I guess I'll just need to wait and make sure all the air is out of the system and oil burned off from pulling the injectors a couple times.

hucorey

Reaction score
The IPR is not universal sort of. If you have a early model HPOP installed, it won't work. Same as the HPOP gasket. What is the part number on the HPOP?

Atleast have it narrowed down to the HPOP.

What is that compression sound in the video?

Billy T.
[email protected]
Actually the IPR valve is universal for all 7.3's. Has been for awhile now.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

hucorey

Reaction score
That's what all my Ford parts suppliers have told me. Call and order an IPR, same part # for 94.5-03.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
ill put this here cause I thought it was weird...

buddy of mine is working on a OBS 7.3. he says the thing fires and runs without the IPR installed in the pump... sure it leaks oil. but it runs....

umm.... :poke:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
That's what all my Ford parts suppliers have told me. Call and order an IPR, same part # for 94.5-03.

Im guessing he is asking that if you had one for a 94.5 to 97 that it would work in a superduty.

live life full throttle

hucorey

Reaction score
ill put this here cause I thought it was weird...

buddy of mine is working on a OBS 7.3. he says the thing fires and runs without the IPR installed in the pump... sure it leaks oil. but it runs....

umm.... :poke:

Must be a unicorn, because Ive never seen any HEUI engine be able to run without an IPR. Unless he's feeding it ether non stop. ;)

Im guessing he is asking that if you had one for a 94.5 to 97 that it would work in a superduty.

live life full throttle

I don't think I have an old 94.5-95 IPR to try.

njjeep

Reaction score
New pump and she's alive again. Still not running right, got a good bit of blowby and white/blue smoke out the exhaust but at least she's running. I guess I'll just need to wait and make sure all the air is out of the system and oil burned off from pulling the injectors a couple times.

How is it running now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts