Cab Mount Dilemma: Poly or Aftermarket Rubber?

Reaction score
I would love to find a set of OEM cam mounts but after searching high and low nothing.....

I have Daystar set (they seemed little softer than Energy Suspension)

The only rubber ones I have found is Bronco Graveyard. Partial set need to use part of the poly kit. Which I actually thought of doing before this came up.

Any one have a track record on the Bronco Graveyard rubber or the Daystars?

Or a source for other rubber ones?

After all of the complains of harshness with Poly, I'm leaning to rubber, but they would be the only Chinese part on the whole damn truck (so far)

I don't think Poly would be an issue on the core support.

I like a tight firm truck but not harsh and don't want to risk cracks due to lack of flexability from the mounts.

GNXTC Billy what do you think?

JCart

Reaction score
I’ve gone with energy suspension poly on two of my trucks and didn’t notice that it rode any harsher, feels more solid to me. The stock rubber was cost prohibitive and doesn’t seem to last that long. Fact I have a 97 with 136,000 Kms on it right now and just swapped out everything but the rear, (Need more time to drop tank), work got in the way. Anyways, the front rubbers were already cracked. Truck prior to me was babied too. Unfortunately I tossed the stock rubber, not thinking anyone would prefer it. Sorry man, had I known would have mailed it to you for free, krap sorry...
j

Denver

Reaction score
If you can find rubber ones get them. I had polys on my 95 for about a week. The polys made the body lines off and twisted the cab enough to make the doors "pop" when opened. Replaced with rubber and the body lines were right on and smooth opening doors. The polys rode like crap.

freddie

Reaction score
Have you considered LMC truck for rubber bushings? I went with a mix of Ford and LMC

505yam

Reaction score
when I did mine last year I went with a combination of LMC and bronco graveyard, I don't remember having to reuse any old pieces.

Latest posts

Members online