Sound Deadening 101: Know your products

powerSmokin

Reaction score
Figured if bump this and subscribe to this, good write up on sound deadening. Will be pulling apart my cab and doing this in the summer. Along with a good reupholster to all the seats.

jdc753

Reaction score
Good deal!! Take some pics while you're in there. Always nice to see other people's work.

Gonna make the truck much quieter and more solid feeling with the doors.

powerSmokin

Reaction score
ordered a roll of Raamat and a roll of ensolite, I know I will need more for an extended cab but if i order it in spurts the price won't feel as bad on the wallet!

97stoker350

Reaction score
I'm using damplifier and luxury liner from second skin audio it looks like good stuff and kinda cheap but my truck is loud and I want to put subs in and don't want vibrations

Fly By Night

Reaction score
Im getting ready to do my '71 Chevy, I hope just the floor/firewall, doorpanels, and behind the gas tank arent too expensive materials wise.

uw mitch

Reaction score
OP was great! many years ago I worked at a car steep shop and we mostly did deadening except foam and deadening in the headliners. Looks like folks are getting much more sophisticated.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Cknox121

Reaction score
Good info here! I used what little b-quiet I had left on my rear doors. Works okay. Might have to pick up some CLD to do the rear wall, roof and middle and rear pillars. Seems that's where most of the noise is coming from. Loud a$$ mud graps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CMCx2012

Reaction score
I was planning to call up Raamaudio for some Ensolite and Raamat, is this still the recommended product for price and results?

I am for sure going to do my doors and I guess I will also do the floor, back wall, and the ceiling/around sunroof as well.

Cknox121

Reaction score
Looking into this again. Believe I'm going kit from sound deadener show down. Come with about everything you need. May increase a couple quantities.

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online