Alarm system/Remote Start

txoutlaw250

Reaction score
Getting nervous about truck getting stolen. '07 Outlaw. It's already been broke into once, but now I've got enough done inside and out where I don't want to face losing it. Can someone reccomend a good set up? Does anyone still make those alarms that talk when you get too close? Do they have remote start?

JMart

Reaction score
Ravelco if you want to keep it from disappearing. The alarms just annoy the neighbors. If you need one, get one that communicates with your phone.

Zmann

Reaction score
Ravelco makes remote start impossible

and the fact they were all over ebay for under 50 bucks for years is a little disappointing here is a common seller he is at 70 per and has sold a lot of them feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=jesst33&&_trksid=p2047675.l2560&rt=nc&iid=302101564703&sspagename=VIP%3Afeedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller
sine your really only supposed to buy them from a dealer and installed for about 500.00 IIRC

I would go with a DEI product ( Viper) with smart start and tracking ( that way when they tow it off with the Ravelco in place you can track it LOL

Last edited:

MPTonyT

Reaction score
To add to @Zmann you can also go with Firstech Compustar products along with the Drone mobile phone app with arm / disarm/ remote start and GPS tracking. You can arm and disarm it from the door mounted keypad too if you wanted.

johnnyroastbeef

Reaction score
i just added a Viper Alarm with the auto-start feature to my '09, i was getting nervous as my '06 superduty was stolen. i think this Viper has a mile range and works really well. i had it installed at a local shop. it was around $600 for everything. the key fob I opted for is pretty simple, just some LED lights on it, not the full digital display. But it does have the autostart where i can turn on my truck as well as my heated seats, heated mirrors etc all remotely.

thatdude

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
With the newer trucks needing a chipped key, alot of car thieves are stealing cars with rollback wreckers... So at this point I don't know if it really matters. Nothing is safe.

txoutlaw250

Reaction score
I got the. Viper installed. It works great. I wanted the voice module as well but they went through five or six and said they couldn't get any of them to work right. Installer said they got Viper on the phone to troubleshoot but no success. Viper said all of them must be defective. I hope they aren't BSing me. I left my truck with them for two days and told them I didn't care what it cost I needed it done.

If they were BSing me they're just plain lazy and turned profit away. Anyone experience this with a voice module? I still want it added. Bad.

Latest posts

Members online