Door Seal Mod

cbf9703

Reaction score
Did you do the rear hatch as well? I think that is where most of my noise is coming from.
No, I only did front doors. My passenger door was the major culprit for me.

I'm thinking about doing the rear hatch now because it is starting to rattle a little these days, more noticeable when I have the third row out. I haven't done new seals back there, but I did have to replace the struts.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

dsberman94

Reaction score
Where are you guys getting surgical tubing at? I'd rather use that than the plastic tubing because of the winter cold and cracking.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Which part of lowe's have you found it in frank? I have aimlessly wandered that store multiple times because it is in the same plaza as clothing stores, and I have never seen surgical tubing.

cbf9703

Reaction score
Ahh. The aisle I don't pay much attention in.
7609e3df99133a45f2111b16ecfb6d70.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

dsberman94

Reaction score
I'm going to do this to all the doors soon as I get a chance. I've got some squeaking on bumps from the back door and some wind noise on my door at high speeds. Wondering if the squeaking is the door seal or the plastic door panel on the metal of the door.

Trophy_23

Reaction score
Just wondering what the process is to remove the weather seal from a ex cab? I had a really quick look at mine and it has little things that look like pins up top between the doors by the latch. I am planning to do this mod finally! Any final consensus between 3/8 or 5/16? I guess they are close enough that either should work well?

97stoker350

Reaction score
I did this mod to my 97 the other day. Got the surgical latex tubing off of eBay. 50 ft for like 30 bucks. My seals were pretty fatigued. If the wind was bad going down the highway I could feel a small breeze coming through by the a pillar.

Install was easy on my door but the back door was a bitch. Used some dish soap that helped a little.

The drivers door wasn't noticeably harder to close but itbdid sound more solid. Back door is deffinetly a little harder to close. Girls will probably complain about it being hard to open now... passenger door is somewhere in between as far as difficulty shutting.

Lastly the noise reduction is noticeable even in an obs 7.3 with 37s. It's actually pretty quiet with the windows up and hardly any noticeable air noise. I doubt I'll do the right rear door just because it already still sounds solid and tough to open as is

Latest posts

Members online