Fall/winter project

Extended Power

Reaction score
Left the original 450/4v2 & 1000/1v2 in the cab, behind the rear seat, on the amprack.
Added a box, and three more JL amps. (Two more 450/4v2's, and another 1000/1v2)
Also bought a pair of JL audio zr800-CW's to replace the L6se's in the front doors. (Still to be installed.)
Had to use my second Mosconi 6to8 for the additional channels/separation/tuning.
I have the two additional 450's running in mono. (300x1, & 150x1)
The third, original 450, is still in stereo, running the rear speakers, and front tweeters. (150x2 & 75x2)

IMAG2203.jpg

IMAG2202.jpg

Extended Power

Reaction score
Added some cooling fans to the box. Two are inside the box, behind the amps, pulling air under them, and pushing the hot air up to the other two fans which push the hot air out of the box.

20160715_203647.jpg

Fresh air inlet screens.

20160715_203517.jpg

Some color...

20160812_145449.jpg

Last edited:

Extended Power

Reaction score
Front sub box test fitting.
It will have the same granite top, and blue LED lighting, as well as the same cup holder set up as the back sub box.

bf5fa131-fe07-4780-a525-dc6924b3470a.jpg

Rear box for reference...

20150521_094209.jpg

20150521_094230.jpg

Last edited:

Extended Power

Reaction score
Front box almost done.

IMAG0106.jpg

IMAG0104.jpg

IMAG0108.jpg

Trim piece for the little panel has to go on. (Panel face sits down another 1/2")
LEDs have to be added to the front panel as well.

Last edited:

Extended Power

Reaction score
Got a little more time to work on the panels today.
Decided to use the emblems I removed from the outside of the doors a few years ago...made some lexan backs for them, and will be lit up with LED's from behind.
Here is the drivers door panel finally hung firm enough that I can finally start to fill the gaps.

So I guess now I need to apply the poly resin to the backs of the panels where the filler will be used, so it will adhere to the wood of the panels.
Then I have to fill and sand everything.
Then spray the matching box liner stuff on...
Then put the LED's , grills, and lexan in, and stick them together.
No way I can get it all done before I go in for my hand surgery on the 28th...but, shouldn't have to many sleepless nights wondering how I'm going to finish them.:D

IMAG0141.jpg

IMAG0142.jpg

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I really like that. I have similar plans for my Excursion. I plan to router Excursion in them though and backlight it to make the letters glow.

How are you attaching the wood to the panel? I was thinking of a couple of counter sunk fasteners with nuts behind the panel. That way I can still remove them all as one piece.

Extended Power

Reaction score
The Rona store has these steel inserts that screw into the wood, and you use 1/4" bolts with fender washers on them.
Slicker than whale sh!t on an iceberg.

Extended Power

Reaction score
Here is the passenger side door panel completed.
I'll get better pictures when it's outside...less brightness on the blue LEDs.

IMAG0316.png

Extended Power

Reaction score
Those kick panels turned out really nice.

Thank you.

They took long enough.
I bought a set of spare door panels just to practice on for everything...then mounted them on the KR panels, and cut the holes for them.
I hate cutting holes in my truck.

scparrish

Reaction score
Thank you.

They took long enough.
I bought a set of spare door panels just to practice on for everything...then mounted them on the KR panels, and cut the holes for them.
I hate cutting holes in my truck.

It's never wracking.
I was thinking about trying something similar with my spare set of door panels. Looks like those took some time to make, unless you used a cnc.

Extended Power

Reaction score
It's never wracking.
I was thinking about trying something similar with my spare set of door panels. Looks like those took some time to make, unless you used a cnc.

No CNC here, all done with a normal router and using a template, which I made as well.
I learned a lot by doing this, and I'm sure I will look for more ways to improve the setup as I go.
Right now, I'm just happy to be driving the truck on the streets again.

Extended Power

Reaction score
What I mean by template, is what I made out of 1/4" mdf. I started with just drawing out the pattern, and then made it as close to perfect as I could. Then I used two sided tape, and used the 1/4" piece as a template, just stuck it on the 3/4" mdf, and used the router to transfer the shapes.
Getting the mesh, LED's, and lexan all set up was a bit of a ****show, but I got it figured out.

Latest posts

Members online