Amp wiring

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
So is there a specific reason to buy a amp kit? Thinking of getting stranded wire and running a amp. I can get the wire in the legenths i want and seems to be rediculouly lower price wise vs a amp kit. I have some monster rca cables from years past that will work for that portion. Is there a reason i should buy a amp kit vs piecing it together.
Truck in question is a 05 ccswb. I have a premade behind the seat box that fits 2-10" subs. Currently i have one kicker cvt10 and a kicker comp 10. Jvc double din. Mtx 6x8's in all the factory locations. Plan to use a ssl 1000w amp to run the subs. The box is in the truck really just need to run power and install the amp. I plan to replace the subs at some point down the road probably thinking shallow mount jbl or similar. Truck is mainly a work truck. Not trying for high end stuff just some sound. After the subs are functional i plan to add either a 4 channel or possibly 2 smaller amps to drive the 4 6x8 speakers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

doo dah

Reaction score
Kits are for convenience but don't necessarily mean quality. I agree that good wire is key, it can make a mediocre amp sound a little better.

188slo50

Reaction score
Buy the individual parts so you can get quality stuff. Like some one said kits are for convenience and usually consist of the basics to get buy with.

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
Buddy of mine owns a audio shop gave me a amp kit. Spent almost half a day tearing out all the seats and fishing wire. I am very impressed with the setup especially given the box and speakers were like 40 bucks. Had planned to get it functional then upgrade. Right now im pushing 1/3 of the output from the amp and its more than plenty for most of the stuff ilisten to.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk