Fall/winter project

Extended Power

Reaction score
Been working on this since about June, gathering parts and pieces.
Coming together nicely.
Hope to be complete by late February, early March.

Started buying some amps, power cables, and one sub.

imagejpg1-22.png

JL12W7-3 sub
imagejpg4.png

If one is good...why not run two of them?
imagejpg1-24.png

What I started with, thanks to a local stereo shop who installed my present system.

imagejpg1-28.png

Since I needed a lot more room for two 12's, I found a set of like new factory KR buckets, complete with the center console, and all the mounting hardware. (Not using the console.)

imagejpg1-32.png

Just had to set them in to see what they would look like.

imagejpg1-36.png

imagejpg2-9.png

Then it was time to remove most of the interior and try to control the vibrations. 100% coverage with Dynamat Extreme.

imagejpg2-11.png

imagejpg1-38.png

After there was two layers of the Dynamat Extreme covering the transmission tunnel from the front to the back of the cab, and all the doors had the inside panels covered, it was time to reduce the noises from outside getting in, and the inside noises getting out.

imagejpg1-39.png

This shows the installation of CCF and MLV on the back wall, which was then covered with a 1/2" thick layer of Dynaliner.

imagejpg1-40.png

imagejpg1-41.png

imagejpg2-13.png

imagejpg1-44.png

Got the rug back in after I finished the rear doors with the Dynamat Extreme on the inside door skin, (outside panel) inside door panel, and then covered with CCF and MLV.
Then I started putting the panel covers back on, but not before I covered them with Dynaliner on the backside.

imagejpg1-45.png

Last edited:

Extended Power

Reaction score
I have been working on the amp rack off and on since July.

Laying the components out before mounting holes and wiring holes were drilled into the 1/4" thick aluminum sheet.

imagejpg1-47.png

Components layed out where I thought I wanted them, and the slight "Steampunk" theme.

imagejpg1-29.png

Then I changed my mind, and bought a Mosconi 6 to 8 DSP...glad no holes were drilled yet!

imagejpg3-3.png

Started to play with LED and more plexiglass.

imagejpg1-30.png

imagejpg1-31.png

Here is where it's at now, but I still have to add more LED's around the entire outside, as I didn't like the hot spots that it had before. And there is no LED to pick up the holes for the "display only" crossovers.

imagejpg1-46.png

Last edited:

suprdzlduty

Reaction score
does the dynamat not dampen the outside noise from coming in very well by itself? Jw...I know nothing about sound proofing. I'm not into big sound systems but would like to do something like this to kill most of the road noise.

Extended Power

Reaction score
does the dynamat not dampen the outside noise from coming in very well by itself? Jw...I know nothing about sound proofing. I'm not into big sound systems but would like to do something like this to kill most of the road noise.

Products like Dynamat are CLD type noise dampeners, which is misleading...they really are intended for vibration control only.
Only closed cell foam, and mass loaded vinyl will decrease the amount of noise coming from the outside.
Look up sound deadening showdown for a full explanation. Excellent read.

Extended Power

Reaction score
Bought two sets of component sets to go in the front doors.
There will be no speakers in the rear. The old Rockford 5x7's are just filling holes.

imagejpg1-49.png

Doors will be something like this:

imagejpg3-2.png

But, more along these lines:

imagejpg1-50.png

The center console, and door panels will be done by a shop, as I don't trust myself to do it, and look good.

Here is one of the last pieces that showed up today:

imagejpg1-51.png

And here is the HU I went with:

imagejpg1-52.png

Last edited:

swinky

Reaction score
And I thought this was gonna be a cool nitrous/turbo thread.

Cool project though I'm going to tackle mine next year.

Extended Power

Reaction score
And I thought this was gonna be a cool nitrous/turbo thread.

Cool project though I'm going to tackle mine next year.

...don't I have enough Turbo combination/build threads already?:fustrate:

Damn happy with the way the 66/84 combo works.
Only small tweaks now, not change outs. :D that's why I have moved onto the interior/music end of things.
I was gonna do paint, but I just can't make up my mind....and I THOUGHT the sound system would be cheaper than the paint......uhmmmmm.....nope.

Last edited:

Extended Power

Reaction score
Here's a shot in the dark...confirming that I have to add the perimeter LEDs.

imagejpg2-14.png

Gotta seal off the bottom of the plexiglass so it doesn't reflect so much onto the aluminum panel.

stock73

Reaction score
That looks great. I did mine under the rear bench but I like what you did a lot ! Now I want to change mine.... No really a killer job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Extended Power

Reaction score
Amp rack is finally in!!!

20150103_185458.png

20150103_185544.png

20150103_185652.png

20150103_185939.png

20150103_190447.png

20150103_190501.png

The carpet looks like ass...
Pretty tired of working on it, but had to get the rack in before the end of the month.

Still gotta get everything else back into the cab. Not sure just how much you will be able to see after the seats, seat belts, and center console are all in and completed.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
For future reference you only needed one input to the 6to8, not all 3.
And why are you running passive crossovers with that DSP? You have 8 channels with the 6to8....it'll do everything since you can configure it however you want.

stock73

Reaction score
Looks amazing!! Real nice clean work!

Keep calm and Stand on it !! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Extended Power

Reaction score
For future reference you only needed one input to the 6to8, not all 3.
And why are you running passive crossovers with that DSP? You have 8 channels with the 6to8....it'll do everything since you can configure it however you want.

I had the crossovers before I bought the Mosconi.
They are just for show only. (Got another set still in the box as well.)

It's my first amp rack...and after working on it, and changing my mind as often as I do, it's what it is.

I'm gonna have a huge learning curve on the 6 to 8...I just hope I have everything set to where they should be before it gets powered up.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Shoot me exactly what you're doing in a PM and I'll try to help you out. I've been tuning exclusively with the 6to8 and 6to8v8 for several years now. It's tough to tune 2 sets of drivers in each door like that but it's not impossible by any means.

Latest posts

Members online