2015 F350 Navigation upgrade

Deputydog

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2015 F350. It has just about everything I want, except Navigation. It appears there are some options to add factory OEM navigation, just wondering if anyone has done it or perhaps there are better options?

doo dah

Reaction score
there is a seller on ebay that has factory Ford Nav units coded to your VIN so that they are plug and play. Around $1,500 but cheaper than buying from the dealer. A good aftermarket unit is going to run over a grand plus ancillary stuff to keep steering wheel controls, sync, etc...so overall probably cheaper than aftermarket.

NEVRNF

Reaction score
At $1500 for a factory I would opt for the Alpine kit. Same price, Better head unit.

Jomax

Reaction score
I still haven't had to time to buy the brain on the back of the screen. There's a module there that you can change out with one from a truck or sync2 vehicle with Nav and it should start to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doo dah

Reaction score
At $1500 for a factory I would opt for the Alpine kit. Same price, Better head unit.

OP asked about factory so I made the suggestion. I agree for the $ aftermarket likely better. Also, I'm 2012 and forgot 13 and up could have touch screen without nav. I'm a noob.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
greg i know a guy who can make it all work. he helped me convert my non-sync truck to full sync nav.

sstrobl

Reaction score
greg i know a guy who can make it all work. he helped me convert my non-sync truck to full sync nav.

hey can your buddy hook up a 13+ touchscreen nav to an 11? if i bought the different dash piece with heat/ac controls, and the unit itself? been trying to look into this but i think its alot more work then just adding factory nav to the same year truck.

Latest posts

Members online