2011 F-250 Steering Wheel Controls

scsowi

Reaction score
so there is a few posts out there that i have found and well they are what convinced me i could do this. i bought a XLT truck that did not have SYNC. i installed a aftermarket radio in the truck and that works fine for hands free calling however i really want steering wheel controls. so i bought a new radio and a new steering wheel that have the radio controls built in. i replaced the wheel and the buttons lit up when the lights went on so i made my second assumption and that was they they were hooked up. so i have now bought two different controllers to interface between my radio and the steering wheel controls and neither of them indicate that the wiring behind the radio is getting any signal from the buttons however i am certain and double/triple checked they are plugged in and that the wire atleast travels through the column. i have tried talking to 3 ford dealers and non of them want to work on it or give me the time of day including the one i bought the truck from! if anyway can throw two cents at this id be more than appreciative of it!:fustrate:

Reaction score
so there is a few posts out there that i have found and well they are what convinced me i could do this. i bought a XLT truck that did not have SYNC. i installed a aftermarket radio in the truck and that works fine for hands free calling however i really want steering wheel controls. so i bought a new radio and a new steering wheel that have the radio controls built in. i replaced the wheel and the buttons lit up when the lights went on so i made my second assumption and that was they they were hooked up. so i have now bought two different controllers to interface between my radio and the steering wheel controls and neither of them indicate that the wiring behind the radio is getting any signal from the buttons however i am certain and double/triple checked they are plugged in and that the wire atleast travels through the column. i have tried talking to 3 ford dealers and non of them want to work on it or give me the time of day including the one i bought the truck from! if anyway can throw two cents at this id be more than appreciative of it!:fustrate:

Hmm, this is a tough one..... I would make sure you have all the modules required to make this work. Then I would use FORscan to figure out what coding differences there are between your truck and a truck with SYNC from the factory (preferably same year).

if you haven't worked with FORscan, here's a good start: http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74531

scsowi

Reaction score
ok so i downloaded forscan and first with the version i got for pc and actually got it connected to the truck through the bluetooth scan tool i have but past that im totally lost other than i realised i need a licenses version to do anything. with that being said i live in central florida is there anyone on here who could recommend someone who would be willing to tackle this for compensation of course.

scsowi

Reaction score
thank you i just shot him a message. ill keep it updated if i make any progress.

Latest posts

Members online