Streetmax Turbo Arrived - DIY Tips?

doo dah

Reaction score
I think 4.10 gears are in order, then more fuel!!!

Get traction bars, you'll be happy you did. My truck hooks so good now and the shift can be felt but not heard like before. Still want to tweak the engine file but trans is almost good which is a huge step up from what I was getting before with my 37s and 3:55 gears with no PMFs.

bpan

Reaction score
Get traction bars, you'll be happy you did. My truck hooks so good now and the shift can be felt but not heard like before. Still want to tweak the engine file but trans is almost good which is a huge step up from what I was getting before with my 37s and 3:55 gears with no PMFs.

I made my own traction bars before doing the turbo. Would love some nice bolt on bars and traction blocks but these work well for the time being and saved some money to put towards gears or fuel.

f100cleveland

Reaction score
Guys that have done the SM 65.5 swap and still have stock 11-14 fuel, what kinda boosts are you getting on a big tune? I'm seeing about 30-32# on mine.

How bout guys with 15-16 pump or dual fuelers? How much harder is the turbo driven?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Guys that have done the SM 65.5 swap and still have stock 11-14 fuel, what kinda boosts are you getting on a big tune? I'm seeing about 30-32# on mine.

How bout guys with 15-16 pump or dual fuelers? How much harder is the turbo driven?

i think 32 is about where you should be , and with the 15 pump you'll be around 36-38 .

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Sounds good. Does the 15 pump still run out of fuel with the 65.5?

you can get some more with a stroker pump , but that is definitely making the turbo do all it's work .

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
you can get some more with a stroker pump , but that is definitely making the turbo do all it's work .

what's the 15+ pump's max HP figure? I remember somebody saying something like 9% more a while back but that didn't really help when I can't remember the max of the 11-14 pumps lol. And I'm guessing it's best not to max out the duty of a pump anyway right?

bpan

Reaction score
Just run dual fuelers, rather have 2 pumps running at 50% than 1 pump at 100% IMO.

JRLott

Reaction score
Do you drive everywhere with the accelerator on the floor? If not, you're not running the pump at 100%. Just because there is the capability of maxing the pump out doesn't mean it is maxed out all the time. If you want a bigger pump or two pumps, by all means get them. Do it for the added performance and the ability to install an even bigger turbo later not the oh nos my terba can max my pump out therefore it's gonna explode the third time this happens.

bpan

Reaction score
Do you drive everywhere with the accelerator on the floor? If not, you're not running the pump at 100%. Just because there is the capability of maxing the pump out doesn't mean it is maxed out all the time. If you want a bigger pump or two pumps, by all means get them. Do it for the added performance and the ability to install an even bigger turbo later not the oh nos my terba can max my pump out therefore it's gonna explode the third time this happens.

Meh, do what you like, Ill be running dual fuelers and I would suggest it to other people running this turbo setup.

JRLott

Reaction score
Meh, do what you like, Ill be running dual fuelers and I would suggest it to other people running this turbo setup.

Not disagreeing at all. In fact I quite agree with you.

Just cracks me up that it's said that it can max it it therefore must be running maxed out all the time. If it helps you sell it to the significant other, I can agree with this "logic". LOL

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Not disagreeing at all. In fact I quite agree with you.

Just cracks me up that it's said that it can max it it therefore must be running maxed out all the time. If it helps you sell it to the significant other, I can agree with this "logic". LOL

I think he was speaking for when it was to the floor lol. Settle down there chief haha. I can't wait to install my dual fueler this Friday myself...